What is the Xbox One X Console?
Microsoft's Xbox One X, is the world's most powerful console. Whether you're a gamer at heart, love media streaming or live events, or all of the above, this machine can do everything. Promising a huge upgrade in graphics and interface and the kind of processing power that leaves hardcore gamers and computing enthusiasts practically salivating, the hype ahead of this release was huge. A testament to this is that preorders for its Project Scorpio Edition, a specialized bundle, sold out from e-retailers just minutes after coming available.
What kind of gaming does the Xbox One X offer?
Whether you're taking up your controller and playing a standard shooter or slipping on a VR visor and putting yourself inside the game, the Xbox One X offers truly immersive gaming to stun your senses and exercise your brain, including:
- A "true" 4K gaming experience, with 2160p of framing buffers and 6 Teraflops of graphical processing power that makes the details so crisp and realistic the only thing you can't do is reach out and touch them;
- High dynamic range visuals, granting you richer colors and a more intense contrast ratio between light and dark, making images pop right off the screen; and
- Spatial sound, which grants you true, vivid surround sound, with or without a headset.
Will I have to give up my Xbox One games and peripherals?
The question that remains for every gamer, every time they consider purchasing a new console: What about backwards compatibility? Ever since the Xbox One X's announcement, everyone has wanted to know if they must retire or replace their standard Xbox One games. Microsoft came back with the best possible answer: No, and even beyond that: The Xbox One X will improve your Xbox One games. They will look better and handle better, and this benefit comes with the cost of your new console. Additionally, if you poured a ton of cash into your accessory collection, then worry not: your investment lives on. All Xbox One controllers (including your flashy ones with Bluetooth support), headsets, and other peripherals will work, too.
What are the technical specifications for the Xbox One X?
What merits the claim that the Xbox One X is the most powerful video game console in the world? The consoles technical specifications is every diehard gamer's wish list for the Cadillac of gaming machines, including:
- The immensely powerful Scorpio Engine, with 6 Teraflops and 326 GB/second of bandwidth;
- Advanced liquid cooling and a supercharger-style centrifugal fan keeps your console cool;
- The Hovis Method, a custom power delivery system that minimizes power usage and maximizes performance;
- 8 GB of flash memory for fast processing and multitasking;
- 12 GB of GDDR5, clocking at 326 GB/second;
- 1 TB of internal hard drive storage for all your apps, digital games and other content;
- 4K UHD Blu-Ray optical drive for quality DVD and Blu-Ray playback;
- HDMI input to connect to your best TVs;
- Audio in DTS 5.1, Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby TrueHD with Atmos, and PCM (2.1, 5.1, 7.1); and
- Connectivity through dual-band Wi-Fi and IR.