Install Xbox 360 Buttons for Uninterrupted Video Gaming
Microsoft's Xbox 360 game console includes a front interface and a controller that allows you to play games, watch videos, and access content on the Xbox Live network. The mechanical buttons on your controller or console are the primary ways to interact with games, insert or eject discs, and browse content on the Xbox 360's various menus. Faulty buttons can prevent you from playing games or interrupt you during an Xbox Live match.What buttons are on the console?
The Xbox 360 console has numerous buttons on its front and sides that allow you to interact with it manually. While you can turn on the console using a button on your wireless controller, you may wish to have functioning console buttons to use as backups if any buttons on your controller are not working. The front of the console includes the following buttons or slots:
- Power: This button turns the console on and off. You may need to press it firmly and watch for the customary green rings to appear.
- Eject: This button will eject the current game disc from the console's tray. You will also need to press it to insert a game once you have placed it in the tray.
- Bind: If the bind button on the front of your device or the one on your controller stops working, you may be unable to pair the controller with the Xbox 360 in order to play games and access menus.
You may be able to find custom or non-standard buttons when you are looking for replacement parts for your controller. You may wish to purchase these buttons if you have a custom controller skin or as a way to reflect your gaming style. Some custom buttons you might be able to find during your search include:
- D-Pad: The D-pad normally comes in a standard black color, but you may be able to find one in alternate colors, such as red chrome or with non-standard patterns. Some of these patterns could include skull designs or elements from Xbox 360 games like Dragon Age.
- A, B, X, Y buttons: These Xbox 360 buttons are usually available in standard green, red, blue, and yellow colors. However, you may be able to find a custom set in black, silver, or colors that match a controller shell design.
- Home: You may be able to replace your controller's "Home" button pattern with a variety of solid matte colors.
You may be able to use the guidelines below to replace any faulty buttons on your controller:
- Remove the cover: Take off the Xbox 360 controller's battery pack, remove the batteries, and peel off the inside label.
- Unscrew: Remove the seven Torx screws from the back of the Xbox controller's case.
- Expose the buttons: Remove the Xbox's vibration motors, logic boards, and rubber pads to access the buttons.
- Replace: Insert new Xbox buttons and put the controller together.