Metalworking Inspection & Measurement
Metalwork requires specific and precise measurements in order to be accurate and serve its correct purpose. In order to ensure that your measurements are accurate, you need to use reliable inspection and measurement tools. These types of tools can help you produce quality metal products.What metalworking machinery is available?
There are several different types of metalworking machines. They help make your metalworking more precise. The most common types of machines for making precisely measured and high-quality metal pieces are as follows:
- Lathes: These are the most common and basic of all metalwork mill mechanisms. CNC ones have been used since the early 1950s. With a lathe, a spindle turns with a work piece on it while a knife or some other type of cutting tool creates a new shape out of the material. Lathes are commonly used to make rotary parts, to cut threads, and to drill openings
- Boring mechanisms: If you need to cut threads, bore, mill, or drill, you may find a boring mechanism useful. They can drill closed and open holes in solid materials and often utilize a CNC control system. With a boring mechanism, you can use drill bits, thread cutters, and cutters as well as other tools to complete your metalworking tasks.
- Milling machines: In order to mill surfaces, gears, or other pieces of metals and other substances, you may want to use one of these machines. They are universal metalworking machines. They can be used to complete all types of milling and drilling, including reaming of steel and non-steel parts. Additionally, this machinery can be used on single pieces or low-to-medium quantity production.
- Grinders: These mechanisms can perform the final grinding of metals or other materials. They are stationary metalworking machines. There is a silicon carbide or artificial carborundum disc inside the mechanism that removes metal or other substances as it rotates. It can remove metal along both the surface or circumference.
- Drills: A common type of milling machine is a drill. By circular movement of a drill bit tool, drills create openings. They can provide a constant rotation speed of the spindle, which has several advantages. Drills can also be utilized to cut threads. They are beneficial because they reduce work and prep time when working with metal.
Many other types of metalworking tools are available to help you create metal pieces that meet with standards and are accurately measured. These include the following:
- Digital electronic micrometer
- Welding tools
- Digital angle protractor gauge
- Screw bolt nut thread measure gauge size checker
- Electronic calipers
- Industrial dial indicators