Men's Stainless Steel Necklaces
Stainless steel is a striking and durable material for men’s jewelry. Stainless steel looks rugged yet stylish, which adds to the masculine appeal of any necklace, chain, bracelet, choker, or other piece of jewelry that’s made from it. Unlike silver, stainless steel is resistant to tarnishing, and steel jewelry can also be ion-plated.
What are the different styles of stainless steel men’s necklaces that I can purchase?
Men's stainless steel necklaces are available in an array of colors using a silver tone, gold tone, or even black plating. Different quantities of gold, silver, and other tones are available depending on your needs and desires. A chain can be purchased with or without a traditional crucifix or other feature. The chain may appear in a chain-link configuration or in another elaborate style such as braided, wheat, or Cuban.
What are some qualities to look for when buying stainless steel men’s necklaces?
- Durability: You’ll want to buy a chain that can stand up to everyday wear and tear. Pay special attention to clasps, jump rings, and other small connectors that hold chain links together. Make sure there are no seams in any molded piece you are tempted to buy.
- Hypoallergenic properties: Stainless steel is an alloy forged from iron, carbon, and chromium. It often contains traces of metals such as nickel and tungsten. Some people have allergies to nickel, so it's important to know what you're buying before you shop for that chain.
How are stainless steel men’s necklaces different from stainless steel women's necklaces?
- Ornamentation: While women's necklaces often fall under the umbrella of "costume jewelry" (equipped with elaborate trinkets and jewels), men's stainless steel necklaces tend to be more understated. A typical men's necklace will sometimes contain a single stone, but it seldom contains multiple stones.
- Emphasis: A woman's necklace is often intended to draw attention to itself. It can serve as a centerpiece of a woman's ensemble. Men's jewelry, on the other hand, is designed to be more subtle. The necklace complements a man's wardrobe without making a spectacle of itself.
- Construction: While both men's and women's necklaces have considerable variations in length and size, women's necklaces tend to be more delicate and dainty while men's necklaces are rugged, dense, and durable in their construction.
How long will a men's stainless steel necklace last?
If properly cared for, a men's stainless steel necklace can last a lifetime and beyond. Stainless steel is an alloy that's capable of withstanding a tremendous amount of wear and tear, and stainless steel necklaces last far longer than silver and gold.