What to Know About Men's Socks
Wearing a good pair of socks is vital for protecting your feet from injury. Men's socks are available in a wide variety of styles, colors, and sizes. Socks should complement your outfit, prevent blisters from forming on your feet, and be comfortable to wear.
What are no-show socks useful for?
These socks are designed to not be visible above your shoes and usually don't ride above your ankles. They are available in a wide variety of colors. They provide essential protection from blisters to your feet even when you don't want to have visible socks. A pair of no-show socks will also protect your shoes from odors caused by sweat from your feet.
When can you wear dress socks for men?
These are socks that are designed to complement formal attire. They look great with dress shoes, and black is a favorite color choice. These slim, elegant socks coordinate with business wear, suits, and other men's fashion with a silky feel.
When would you choose athletic socks or hiking socks?
Athletic socks are designed to boost your athletic performance. They often have special features that promote breathability, durability, and odor protection. You can find pairs of athletic socks available for any sport. They typically have reinforced heel and toe areas for added comfort.
Hiking socks are designed to prevent injury to your feet while you hike. They are usually made out of a thick wool that is designed for moisture removal. A pair of hiking socks will keep your feet warm in frigid conditions. They are available in any length to match your shoes. The heel and toe areas will often be reinforced for added comfort.
What materials are men's socks made out of?
They are made out of a variety of materials, including:
- Cotton - Cotton is lightweight, durable, and comfortable. It is available in almost any color, including white, black, blue, red, yellow, purple, etc.
- Nylon - Nylon excels at staying dry, and it also adds durability.
- Polyester - Polyester is moisture-resistant and durable.
- Silk - Silk is ultra-comfortable.
- Wool - Wool is a great choice for added warmth and is typically used as insulation. Wool can also keep your feet cool in hot temperatures.
- Cashmere - Cashmere is a soft material that will keep your feet comfortable in a variety of temperatures.
- Spandex - Spandex is added to maintain a sock's shape.
- Rubber - Rubber is used on the bottom of a sock in order to provide an anti-slip grip for your foot.