Men's Linen Pants
Linen is obtained from plants, which has been used to manufacture clothes for millennia. Products made from this material are commonly worn in summer since they are highly breathable. This guide will help you find a suitable pair of men's linen pants.What are the benefits of linen pants?
Before you start shopping for these pants, it may be beneficial to first find out a little more about this material. Here are some benefits of linen pants:
- They're breathable: The material allows for airflow; it is also stiff, so it doesn't cling to your body.
- They absorb moisture: Linen can easily absorb moisture without becoming damp. The nature of the material allows it to absorb as much as 1/5 of its weight without feeling wet. This makes them comfortable in hot weather.
- They're durable: Linen gets softer every time you wash it and isn't easily damaged by abrasion. The material also doesn’t stretch as much as cotton, making them quite durable.
- They're both casual and dressy: These dress pants are often worn for casual occasions. A slim-fitting linen suit is great for attending beach weddings or any summer social function. The pants are usually worn in warm weather.
It is not always easy to tell the quality of linen pants. First, pay attention to the color, especially for its evenness. Due to linen's nature, using particular fabric dyes can cause it to fade. On a related note, look for any yellowing on the material. If the linen is yellowed, it could mean that a whitener was used to make it appear brighter. Also check for abrasions on the fabric. If the linen has abrasions on it, this can cause it to wear down quickly.How should linen trousers fit?
Finding a well-fitting pair of pants is not an easy task. However, you'll be most comfortable if you wear clothes that fit. Here are some tips to help you find a pair of pants that fit well:
- Fit: Your pants should not be baggy or too tight. As classic clothing, linen trousers only need a few inches of breathing space.
- Inseam: The inseam can be short enough to leave a gap between the pants and the shoe, and your pants should not be too long. The measurements should be taken from the lowest part of your crotch.
- Waist: The waist of the pants should be about an inch wider than your waist. This extra space will allow you to tuck in your shirt comfortably. Also, the trousers should be slightly loose around your knee, ankle, and thigh.
- Side seam: The side seam measurements should always be taken from the height where you naturally wear your trousers. Ideally, you should measure your side seam from your natural waist.
When taking measurements to determine your size, make sure your pockets are empty. Otherwise, the figures may be exaggerated.