Memphis Shades Motorcycle Windshields
Windshields are accessories you can attach to motorcycles of nearly any make and model. Some motorcycle windshields may serve to keep wind out of your face and might also guard against insects and other small debris while you're on the road. Windshields for motorcycles are available in a variety of sizes and configurations and may feature additional accessories, so familiarizing yourself with some of the most common windshield options may help you narrow your search.What materials are used in Memphis Shades motorcycle windshields?
While the specific components used to produce Memphis windshields for motorcycles can vary from model to model or brand to brand, there are a couple of common materials you may find during your search for a windshield. Some common materials used in many motorcycle windshields include plastics such as:
- Acrylic: This is a shiny plastic that may resist scratches, scuffs, or dents.
- Polycarbonate: This is a matte plastic that is many times stronger than traditional, untempered glass. Some polycarbonate windshields have a hard coating on their surfaces that might help them resist scratches.
Each motorcycle may have a slightly different method for installing a replacement windshield from Memphis Shades. However, there are still some basic steps you can follow that can work in most cases. Once you've purchased the motorcycle windshield of your choice, you may wish to follow the guidelines below during the installation process:
- Remove the connecting bolts and fasteners that hold the motorcycle's handlebars together. This is where you will place the base of your windshield.
- You may wish to add a system of brackets to the windshield in order to attach its sides to certain areas of your motorcycle. This step is optional, but it could provide your windshield with a sturdier base than a system without brackets.
- If you do not wish to install any brackets, you can reattach the fastening mechanisms and the bolts that hold the handlebars together.
Some styles may look and feel aesthetically different while others have extra features or accessories. Some of the most common windshields for motorcycles include:
- Memphis fitted or universal windshields that are made either for a specific make and model of motorcycle or designed to be used with most models. Some older or modified bikes may use universal windshields.
- Permanent windshields, which you install once and leave on the bike.
- Quick-detach windshields, which can be removed for short rides and reattached for longer rides.
- Fixed windshields, which have a static position.
- Adjustable windshields that you can position to redirect airflow.
Your windshield may attract dust and debris from the road as you ride your motorcycle. If this happens, you can use a solution of warm water and soap to loosen any stubborn grime before removing it with light scrubbing.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Memphis Shades.