Maui Jim is a brand of luxury sunglasses made for men and women. Various frames and lenses allow you to choose from different combinations. Learning more about the features will ensure you understand all of your options for choosing a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses.What types of sunglasses are available?
There are a number of types of Maui Jim sunglasses available. There are men's and women's frames in a variety of styles for you to choose from.
- Cat eye
You will want to choose a frame color for your sunglasses. You might want something neutral or frames with a splash of color. The frames will have a significant impact on the appearance of your Maui Jim sunglasses.
Polarized sunglasses contain a special filter that is designed to reduce glare. It is commonly used by people who spend a lot of time out on the water as well as those who are driving and spending a lot of time out in the sun. The intense light that can cause glare and reduce visibility is cut by the filter in polarized lenses.What are some of the lens materials?
The lenses in Maui Jim sunglasses can vary, impacting their weight and durability.
- Polycarbonate: This type of plastic is lightweight and highly durable against scratches.
- Glass: Slightly heavier than plastic, glass can improve visibility.
- SuperThin glass: The glass is thinner, thus not weighing as much. It also has improved clarity.
- MauiPure: Maui Jim's branded material, it is ultra-lightweight.
When you're shopping for Maui Jim sunglasses, you will find that you can often narrow down the selection by gender. Many are easily categorized as being unisex, which means you can wear them regardless of your gender. However, there are a few small differences between the Maui Jim frames labeled as men's and those labeled as women's.
- Frame construction: The frames are generally wider, and the bridge is longer on men's glasses due to men having a wider temporal lobe and their eyes being spaced farther apart than women.
- Frame shape: Circular and angular frames are more readily available for women.
- Color: The color of sunglasses is at the preference of those who wear them, although women's frames are generally found in brighter, bolder colors.