A Brief Guide to Choosing Maternity Clothing
You don't have to sacrifice style when you're expecting a baby. Many brands available on eBay offer complete lines of affordable maternity clothing, including items like tops, blouses, cardigans, and jeans. You can find new and gently used maternity clothing on eBay that will help you stay stylish and comfortable during and after your pregnancy.How do you choose maternity clothing?
There are a few simple guidelines that you can follow to make shopping a breeze:
- Find your size: First, choose the correct size of new or vintage maternity dress options for you. The right size of maternity wear will depend upon a couple of factors. If you are expecting one baby as opposed to twins or triplets, you should do fine with maternity clothing that's the same size you normally wear because clothes for expecting moms allow for pregnancy weight gain in the tummy area.
- Size options for pregnancy with twins or more: If you are having more than one baby, you should consider adding at least one or two sizes beyond what you would normally wear.
- Try layering your maternity clothes: Consider buying several items that you can use easily as layers, such as tops with cardigans or light sweaters. Layers of different maternity clothes allow you to wear comfortable clothing underneath more formal wear. It also makes it easy to adjust your comfort level because you can add or remove a layer when you're feeling cool or warm.
- Choose a mix of dressy and casual: While comfort is a must with maternity wear, you will also want some fashionable maternity dresses that look great for a night out. Several dresses made with maternity in mind offer stylish yet breathable solutions that gently hug moms-to-be.
As you prepare to shop for your maternity clothes, consider using a handy checklist like this one for added convenience.
- Maternity shirts: A maternity T-shirt or two in your favorite colors and necklines will provide you with tops that have room to grow.
- Black pants: Stretchy black pants or leggings will be comfortable to wear, go with just about everything and can look professional when necessary. You can even get denim jeans with an elastic, stretchy waistline that gently hugs the belly.
- Comfortable dresses: Many dresses made for pregnant or nursing moms are available as maternity clothes in versatile colors, such as black. Dresses will provide not only the comfort you need while pregnant or nursing, but they're also good options for when you are working and need to look professional. Maternity dresses are casual enough to wear around the house too, thus filling dual roles.