Specifications on MartinLogan Home Speakers and Subwoofers
MartinLogan has been manufacturing and selling woofers, speakers, and other pieces of audio equipment since the late 1970s, and in that time, they have developed a variety of home theater sound systems that deliver both crisp treble and booming bass. The speakers are constructed using electrostatic and thin film loudspeaker technology, making them both versatile and durable even under excessive strain. When paired up with the right amplifier, MartinLogan equipment provides an amazing audio experience.What are the main features of MartinLogan speakers?
The two main features of MartinLogan audio equipment are electrostatic loudspeaker and thin film loudspeaker technology. To start with the former, these speakers are characterized by having the membrane suspended in an electric field that gets stimulated by the signals being sent from the amplifier. The advantages of using this design is that it makes it so that the speakers can achieve much deeper levels of distortion than conventional cone drivers. They are lightweight and exhibit a great frequency response.
Thin film technology involves coating key components in a very thin layer of material that both strengthens and protects them. This is applied to not only the cone and membrane but also electronic parts. MartinLogan equipment also has wireless connectivity and sleek cabinet designs that will work with any decor.What sizes and styles are available?
Speakers and subwoofers range in size from 2-inch tweeters to 18-inch woofers. Here is a partial list of the new and used options available on eBay:
- The Monolith series is the first full line of home theater entertainment to roll off the production line and features tall cabinets with woofers, mids, and tweeters installed. Subsequent redesigns of the Monolith series include Aerius, SL3, Quest, and Cinema.
- The Statement e2 generation was their next big leap forward with an 1,800-pound audio system featuring multiple towers, including subwoofer stacks. This line inspired the Prodigy series, which further spawned the Odyssey, Ascent, and Aeon series.
- There are many different subwoofer lines, including Descent i, Depth i, Grotto, Abyss, and Dynamo, all of which feature servo-control and BalancedForce technology.
Here are some simple tips that can help prolong the life of your equipment:
- Dust regularly or put them in an area free of dust and particles.
- Do not use liquid cleaners since they can damage components.
- Keep them away from all magnetic sources.
- Keep static electricity at a minimum.