How to Select Women's Handbags and Purses
When shopping for women's handbags there are a variety of options to pick from, suitable for many different lifestyles and aesthetic preferences. For example, while a messenger may be perfect for those always on the go, for others, a mini nylon colorblock satchel is ideal.
How Should You Choose the Right Women's Bag for Your Needs?
These tips can help you pick between an array of accessory options including quilted, saddle and hobo bags:
- Consider Bag Varieties: Consider if a particular bag style will suit your needs. For example, if you carry quite a few items to and from work or school, a crossbody bag could be a comfortable choice. Alternatively, if you only need a small wristlet or clutch, it will save you time to tailor your search to smaller bag options only.
- Compartments: While a simple tote fulfills many shopping needs when selecting a purse, it pays to consider if a bag with multiple compartments would be helpful. For those fearful of losing their keys or phone, having a bag with designated sections for such belongings can bring peace of mind.
What are Some of the Handbag and Tote Colors Available?
Here are some tips to help you select a colorful handbag or tote:
- Jewel Tones: Many designer and less well-known brands produce jewel tone accessories. Jewel tones are a good option as they tend to stay in style more frequently than pastel and neon shades. For example, Marc by Marc Jacobs is just one of the designer brands that frequently releases bags in colors like emerald, sapphire and ruby.
- Colorful Patterns: If you find it difficult to pick just one color for your handbag, you might like to choose an embellished, patterned nylon tote. For example, bright florals and dots are cheerful options.
How Should You Clean Women's Bags?
Choosing the right approach to cleaning can increase the lifespan of your accessories. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Fabric Type: The fabric type of the wristlet or other type of bag will influence what cleaning approach is most suitable. For example, if you purchase a leather Marc shoulder bag, recruit saddle bag, pebbled Natasha bag, or a mini boho grind leather crossbody bag, you'll want to follow instructions for cleaning leather carefully.
- Check Labels: Thoroughly check any included labels for tailored cleaning instructions. Be mindful of not being over zealous in cleaning. Rigorous cleaning can wear down fabrics like denim, leather, and nylon.
- Mind Embellishments: Some shopper totes feature adornments, like sequins, fringing, and glitter. Be careful to avoid accidentally removing these embellishments.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Marc by Marc Jacobs.