Everything to Know About Selecting a Marantz 2385 Stereo Receiver
When you want to enjoy your music or home theater experience, it helps to have the right stereo receiver. A vintage receiver offers inputs and outputs to audio and home theater equipment so that you can hear the full range of sounds on your preferred form of media. On eBay, you can choose from a variety of affordable Marantz 2385 stereo receivers with different features and options to suit your audio preferences.What are the audio specifications of a Marantz 2385 receiver?
The audio specifications for a Marantz 2385 receiver are:
- Power output: The power output is 185 watts per channel at 8 ohms impedance in stereo.
- Signal to noise ratio: The signal to noise ratio is 83 dB on MM and 98 dB on line.
- Sensitivity: The sensitivity is 1.8 mV on MM and 180 mV for line.
- Frequency response: The frequency response of the receiver ranges from 20 Hz to 20 kHz.
- Total harmonic distortion: The total harmonic distortion is 0.04% to 0.05%.
The audio functions of a Marantz 2385 stereo receiver include:
- AM and FM radio: The receivers tune in AM and FM radio stations.
- Headphone jack: The receivers can output sound to a headphone jack.
- Filtering: Filter out unwanted vibration or static from the audio.
- Balancing: Shift the balance of the music to bass, treble, left speaker, or right speaker.
- Inputs: The receivers accept input from a turntable, cassette player, or television.
Some of the features of an affordable Marantz 2385 stereo receiver on eBay include:
- Vents: Top and side vents allow for passive heat dissipation.
- Labeled inputs and outputs: This facilitates making the correct connections to speakers, turntables, and other equipment.
- Universal compatibility: The receivers work with any make and model of speakers, turntables, or cassette players.
- Built-in antenna: The receivers have a built-in antenna for radio tuning.
- Mode indicators: Each functional mode has a light-up indicator when it is in use.
When you are shopping on eBay for a Marantz 2385 stereo receiver, consider its:
- Housing material: Choose solid wood, particle board, or metal housing.
- Color: Select brown, gold, tan, black, or silver.
- Condition: Choose used, manufacturer's refurbished, or parts-only receivers.
- Parts: Choose replacement parts such as tuning pulleys, switches, or circuit boards.
- Lighting: Choose incandescent or LED lighting.