How to Select the Right Magnavox TV Power Supply Boards for Your Needs
With the right power supply for your Magnavox television, you'll be able to enjoy movie night with your family or watch a game on the weekend with ease. These boards run electrical signals to each of the components of your TV, and they can breathe life into a TV that isn't working properly due to power issues.What types of Magnavox power-supply boards are there?
Magnavox manufactures replacement power supplies for all of the televisions that they produce. Some of the TV models for which power supplies are offered include:
Under most circumstances, a search for the TV's product number will lead you to the replacement boards it's compatible with. In addition, the TV's specifications list often designates the model number of the power supply itself. If this information is not available, you may need to remove the current power supply from your TV. Once you do so, you'll be able to find the model number of the power unit typed on the front face of the board.How do you install a replacement Magnavox power supply board?
Once you've acquired a replacement part that is compatible with your television, it is time to begin the process of giving your TV a new lease on life. The process of replacing your power supply is relatively simple if you're comfortable with soldering, taking about an hour to complete. Follow these steps to remove the existing power unit and install the replacement:
- Disconnect your television from its AC power source if it's plugged in.
- Place the TV face-down on a flat, clean workspace.
- Remove the screws from the back of the television. Lift the back piece off of the television and set it aside.
- Locate the power supply. This board is usually yellow, and it is located near the place where the AC power cord enters your television.
- Disconnect the wires from the power supply. Then, remove the screws from the perimeter of the board. Discard the old board.
- Insert the replacement board, reconnect the wires, and insert the screws. Replace the back plate of the television, and secure it in place with the screws.
- Lastly, place the television in its upright position and reconnect the AC power source. If the television turns on, the installation has been a success.