The Madewell brand was founded in 1937 in coastal Massachusetts. Originally famous for its denim, the brand also offers sustainably sourced women's fashion and home goods in various styles.What products does Madewell specialize in?
Denim is the core of Madewell's product line and is the dominant material used in the company's various products. Beyond jeans, Madewell also offers various styles of clothing to fit women's body types, as well as accessories. These include:
- Tees and blouses: Soft tees and tank styles include mockneck, ringer mockneck, button-front, v-neck, cami, and muscle tank. Tops and blouses styles include wrap top, butterfly top, fable top, tiered top, and peasant top. Other tee, tank, top, and blouse styles are also available.
- Dresses: Madewell offers casual, day-to-night, midi and maxi, cocktail and denim dresses in various styles.
- Shoes: Shoes in the Madewell brand include sneakers, sandals, flats, heels, oxfords and loafers, mules, and boots.
- Bags and accessories: Bags from Madewell comprise totes, carryalls, crossbody bags, backpacks, satchels and bucket bags, duffels, and pouches and wallets. Accessories include iPhone and laptop cases, and bag accessories.
- Swimwear: Swim and beachwear from Madewell include one-piece swimsuits, bikinis, and swim cover-ups. Accessories include beach throws, sunglasses and sunglass cases, and denim baseball caps.
- Jewelry: Madewell's jewelry line includes earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings, watches, and demi and fine jewelry.
Madewell offers denim jeans in not only standard sizing, but also in various cuts and shapes for women. These include skinny jeans, high-rise skinny jeans, demi-boot and wide-leg, straight-leg, boyjeans, rivet and thread, and maternity jeans.Does Madewell offer plus-size fashion?
In response to customer comments and demand, Madewell offers jeans and denim for women in sizes 23 through 35. It sells plus-size tops and swimwear as well.Is Madewell a part of J. Crew?
J. Crew and Madewell are part of the same group of brands. J. Crew targets professionals with tailored, classic styles. Madewell offers fashions that combine casual aesthetics with classic sensibilities.Is Madewell sustainable?
Madewell has developed an ethical sourcing and sustainability code for the production of its fashion. This code is designed with the goal that:
- Workers are treated fairly: Everyone earns a fair wage, from their factories to stores.
- The environment is protected: The company checks in to make sure that all local laws are followed.
- Operations are transparent: Anyone interested can learn more about how the company operates.