Choosing a Computer for Your Needs
With all the processes and computations that need to be done for work and home life, a 2012 Mac all-in-one computer provides various functionality. When choosing your all-in-on computer, you have a variety of specifications to choose from based on your processing needs.
What Are the Features of a Mac Pro All-In-One Computer?
This type of computer is designed for high-speed processing and storage. Here are its features:
- The computer can have as many as 6 cores in a 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Nehalem processor.
- Random access memory or RAM ranges from 16 to 32 GB.
- The hard drives can be upgraded but most start with a 1 TB HDD.
- Most of their graphic cards consist of the ATI Radeon HD.
- Apple only uses their own operating systems like the OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
- All computers also have extra SuperDrives with double-layer support.
- All units have 2 USB 2.0 ports, dual gigabit Ethernet ports, FireWire ports, a dual-link DVI port, and Mini DisplayPorts, to name a few.
- Users have the option to get units with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth as well.
What Are the Differences Between the Mid 2012 Models?
The 2012 models come in different variations, depending on the operating system, hard drive space, processor power and more. Here are some of the key differences between some of the models:
- External Ports: All of the models have built-in USB ports, DVI ports, Ethernet ports, FireWire ports, a front-mounted headphone jack, analog stereo minijacks, Bluetooth devices, and AirPorts.
- Identifiers: You can identify your computer by checking to see if it has the 2629 EMC Number on the case.
- Hardware: All models support hyper-threading, which means that there are two threads running simultaneously to each core. They also have the turbo-boost, which activates based on the level of workload on the processor. All models also have a Quickpath Interconnect feature that makes linking the disks and subsystems faster.
- Processors: Processors of various models include the Quad-core 3.2, 6-Core 3.33 with 48 GB of RAM, and 12-Core 2.4, 2.66, and 3.06 with 128 GB of RAM.
- Graphics Cards: All of the units use a double-wide PCI Express graphics slot with 16 lanes.
How Can You Maintain Your All-in-one Computer?
Maintain your computer through proper usage. You can prevent major issues by:
- Ensure that your solid-state drives, optical drives, drive bays, and other internal hardware are running smoothly by never overpowering your computer with programs that it cannot handle.
- Keep the external casing and front panel as well as its accompanying accessories, like the DVD-RW, ports, and wiring are clean by using compressed air or vacuums to keep dust away.
- Always keep your computer in a cool area with free-flowing air when in use.
- Keep it away from direct sunlight and any humid areas as well.
- Check and update the software regularly to ensure proper usage and processing.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple.