Dress Loafers and Slip-ons for Men
Look your best while staying comfortable with a pair of fashionable slip-on shoes or dress loafers. Whether you're headed to the office, attending a special event, or simply lounging around the house, you can find a style that works for the occasion and your personal taste.What are common varieties of slip-on shoes for men?
- Penny loafers: These classic shoes, featuring a penny-sized slot on the top, give you a professional, preppy style. Penny loafers look especially neat when paired with khakis or corduroy slacks.
- Tasseled loafers: For a distinguished look, try these sophisticated loafers. Choose between loafers with a simple pair of tassels or ones that feature a band of fringed leather, called kilted loafers.
- Bit loafers: First popularized by the fashion designer Gucci, the bit loafer features two metal rings with a metal band in the center. These loafers can be excellent dress shoes for formal occasions, such as weddings or going to the theater.
- Slip-on boots: For the ankle support of lace-up boots with the convenience of slippers, try a pair of boots that can be slipped on. Chelsea boots look streamlined and fashion-forward, especially when paired with narrow trousers, and slip-on work boots make getting ready faster and easier.
- Moccasins: These traditional, homey loafers are perfect for keeping feet warm and comfortable in any weather. Moccasins are distinguished by their soft inner lining and rugged outer material.
- Slip-on oxfords and brogues: These dress shoes may look like traditional oxfords and brogues, but you can slip these shoes onto your feet without laces. These styles of shoes are perfect for office wear or other professional situations, with slacks or a suit.
Take care of all your dress shoes and casual loafers by cleaning them regularly.
- Inspect your shoes and remove any visible dirt with a brush.
- Wash leather loafers with saddle soap and a damp cloth, and then, dry the shoes with a soft cloth. Treat leather shoes with a shoe conditioner. Polish patent leather dress shoes with a dab of petroleum jelly.
- For penny and tassel loafers, clean the embellishments on the top of your shoe with a damp cotton swab and wipe dry. For the metal pieces on bit loafers and other slip-on dress shoes, clean with diluted white vinegar on a cotton swab.
- Suede shoes and moccasins should be brushed with a suede brush.
- For shoes and slippers made of fabric, check the label inside the shoe. When in doubt, hand-wash fabric shoes in cold water with a mild detergent and let them air-dry. This will help preserve the fitted shape of your slip-on shoes.