Lexmark's Convenient All-In-One Printers
Initially part of IBM, Lexmark spun off as its own business in 1991. Since then, Lexmark printers have been some of the most numerous printers and all-in-one machines in homes and small businesses. The company is known for inkjet, laserjet and multifunction machines.What is an all-in-one printer?
All-in-one Lexmark printers combine a number of common functions into one convenient office machine. All-in-one printers are useful not only for printing but also for photocopying and scanning. Some have faxing functions. Features of these machines may include:
- Laserjet: Most multifunction machines are operated by laserjet technology.
- Size: These machines generally have a larger footprint than single-function printers. They are much smaller than traditional photocopiers and fit comfortably on a standard desk or table.
- Speed: These machines typically print faster than standard printers. An average speed is about 50 pages a minute.
The all-in-ones made by this company are designed to be user-friendly. Common features of these devices may include:
- Duplex printing: Many of this brand's all-in-one machines offer two-sided printing.
- LCD display: The LCD panel lets users see and change the settings. The panel will give information like the number of copies, whether a scan is complete, and whether documents will be in color or black and white.
- Reduction and enlargement: These machines make it possible for you to enlarge or reduce the size of a document as you copy or scan. Reductions down to 25% of the original size are possible on most machines. Enlargements of up to 400% are also commonly possible.
- Document size: Most printers take both letter- and legal-size paper.
The answer is different for every model. Common Lexmark multifunction machines and their capacities may include:
- Lexmark CX317dn: This laserjet all-in-one printer can handle 25 pages a minute in both black and color. The recommended monthly volume for printed pages is from 500 to 5,000 pages. Maximum resolution for scans is 600 x 600 pixels per inch in color and up to 1200 x 600 PPI in black and white.
- Lexmark Mx410de: This laserjet all-in-one printer can print up to 10,000 pages a month and up to 40 pages a minute. The scan resolution is 1200 x 1200 dots per inch (DPI). A USB port makes it possible to quickly print documents from a thumb drive wirelessly.
- Lexmark Pro715: This inkjet machine prints in both color and black and white. Maximum resolution is 6,000 x 1,200 DPI. This printer can make 75 black and white copies a minute.