L.L. Bean Men's Hats
L.L. Bean men's hats come in a variety of styles and sizes. They are made for all seasons and types of weather as well, and they come in a variety of fabric choices. With so many options available, consider the following before you make your selection.What different styles are available?
L.L.Bean hats come in a variety of styles, including the following:
- Baseball caps: These are commonly worn by baseball players and have a visor to keep out the sun.
- Berets: These are flat, disk-shaped caps and are commonly worn by Scottish golfers.
- Fedoras: These are made from soft felt and have a curled brim and a creased crown.
- Panamas: These have wide brims and are made of a straw-like material.
- Newsboy caps: These incorporate a style made famous a century ago by boys who sold newspapers on the street and feature a button on the top of the cap.
Men's hats come in a variety of sizing options, depending on the style. Some are available based on a numeric head size, while others are available based on a general size (S, M, L, XL). See manufacturer site for details. Others have adjustable sizes and some are one-size-fits-all. Adjustable hats have various adjustment types. These include:
- Snapback: This strap consists of two bands of plastic, one with plastic knobs and the other with corresponding holes.
- Strapback: This strap consists of two opposing bands of Velcro.
Men's hats are made with a wide range of materials, which are dependent on the style of the hat and its purpose. Some of the most commonly found materials include 100% cotton, 100% wool, felt, fur, leather, polyester, straw, and wool blends.Are any made in America?
Yes, the Handwoven Panama Hat is handcrafted in Fall River, Massachusetts. It uses strands of breathable straw that have been woven with small holes to allow moisture to escape in warm weather. It is also coated with Teflon to make it more durable and water-repellent.Are there travel-friendly options?
Yes, a number of men's hats can be packed in a suitcase, backpack, or other type of luggage. This includes the Men's No Fly Zone Boonie, the Men's No Fly Zone Baseball, Men's Tilley Broader Brim, and the Multisport Polartec Power Stretch.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by L.L. Bean.