Kumho Car and Truck Tires
Kumho brand makes tires for passenger vehicles, light trucks, and commercial vehicles. As one of the major manufacturers, Kumho produces a wide assortment of tire products for original equipment and replacement markets. With over 50 years of experience, Kumho manufactures products designed to perform in all weather conditions and to endure long miles.Why do tires matter?
Tires are one of the most important parts of an automobile. These highly engineered rubber and steel structures are the only things that keep contact between your car and the road. Handling, grip, and braking qualities are crucial matters of safety when your vehicle is in motion.How do tires wear out?
Tires slowly wear out with each mile driven. The wear from the road adds up to reduce the tread and eventually the shallow depth will degrade performance and safety. Low tread can lead to unsafe driving conditions due to poor grip. While new tread depth varies with each model, it is crucial to replace a tire if any portion of the tread is 2/32 of an inch deep. There are visual indicators, called wear bars, that tell you that you should replace them. Regular usage of well-maintained tires will cause them to wear out evenly all over. However, there are reasons for irregular wear such as poor or irregular inflation and alignment issues. These cause portions of the tread to wear faster than usual and more than other portions.How do you choose the correct Kumho tire?
Tires come in many sizes, and every trim of each car model might have a different tire and wheel package from the factory. The ones you install on your car will depend on various factors like price, availability, and weather conditions you drive in, but they should be the proper size. To find the correct size, you can consult your owner’s manual or sticker on the driver’s door jamb and double check with the tires on your car or truck, which have their sizes printed on the sidewall.What types of passenger tires does Kumho Tire offer?
Kumho Tire manufactures a wide selection of products for passenger vehicles. Here are some of their car tire lines:
- Ultra High-Performance: Kumho Ecsta is engineered for luxury and sports cars, and the Ecstas perform in a range of weather conditions from all-season to summer. They have a speed rating up to 186 mph.
- High Performance: Kumho Solus is designed for premium vehicles. The Solus line is designed for all seasons.
- Touring: Kumho Sense and Solus tires are created for economy cars. They endure high mileage and handle a variety of weather conditions, wet and dry.
Kumho Tire makes products for all types of light truck applications. Here are some of their offerings:
- All-Season: Kumho Crugen are a line of all-season tires. Crugens fit an assortment of brands and models in the crossover, compact SUV, and full-size SUV categories.
- All-Terrain and Mud-Terrain: Kumho Road Venture tires cover a variety of full-size truck applications. Road Ventures provide reliable traction in mixed terrain conditions, whether on or off-road.
- Light Truck UHP: Kumho Ecsta are ultra high-performance. Ecstas are produced for a wide range of CUV, SUV, and pickup trucks and offer all-season traction as well as high-speed ratings.