Kids & Teens Bedroom Furniture
From stylish beds to trendy decor, there are many creative and unique ways to give kids and teens a place to call their own. Kids' and teens' bedroom furniture options range from fun and playful to hip and fashionable. For a quick and easy makeover to a room for a child or young adult, here are some ideas for kids' and teens' bedroom sets designed to encourage study, sleep, and play.What items do you need for a kid's bedroom?
Bring a room to life with these types of furniture:
- Nightstand: Find one in white or black. Add a colorful lamp for visual contrast.
- Dresser: Solid wood furniture makes kids' bedrooms sophisticated. Hang a dazzling mirror above.
- Bed: A tent bunk bed gives your child a top-level sleeping area and play space below.
While pieces make it easy to make small changes to kids' bedrooms, a bedroom set gives it a complete overhaul.What are some bedroom set options for teens?
- Bookcase bedroom set: Encourage study with a rich solid wood desk, a wooden dresser, and a bookcase bed with a bookshelf-style headboard.
- Surf-motif bedroom set: Show pride in your sport with a surf mural behind the bed. A solid wood dresser, a desk, and a nightstand with a black lamp add visual contrast.
- Sleigh bedroom set: Sleek and narrow, the classic sleigh bed gives kids' rooms a grown-up look. A dresser and mirror add a sophisticated finish.
- Loft bedroom set: Bunk beds are ideal for sharing space and hosting sleepovers. A bookshelf on one side of the bed encourages reading and leaves room for storage.
To decorate a child's bedroom, start with basic furniture like a sleigh bed, a nightstand, and a table. Then you can select accessories for the room. Vibrant hues like pink, orange, and red make kids' bedrooms really pop. A few soft pillows make a child's room warm and inviting, and a side chair encourages rest and relaxation. For chilly nights, add a throw or cozy blanket for her to snuggle up with. For younger girls, a floral lamp and storage ottoman, which doubles as storage space, give your child's room a playful look. Choose neutral-tone bed linens to prevent contrast with the bold colors of other accents. Add a few stuffed animals for an endearing finish. For a different take, an elegant theme with contemporary furniture, an overhead lantern, neutral linens, white pillows, and gray walls adds maturity, and easily accompanies an older girl into her pre-teen years and beyond.How do you choose bedroom furniture for boys?
From surf themes to astronomy-inspired bed sets, accessories and furniture make boys' rooms custom sanctuaries. Bunk beds are essential for sleepovers. With extra height, they showcase books, trunks, and other small pieces of solid wood furniture. For colors, you can choose more than just blue. Neutral tones like beige and grey age well. Brighter colors like red and orange are more playful. For older ones, paint the walls gray, then add black furniture and accents.