Kenzo Men’s Fragrances
For Kenzo fragrances, variety plays a key role in their line of perfumes and colognes. The spirit of the Kenzo World brand envisions playful dynamics, fresh creativity, and bold spontaneity. With that blend of fashion and fragrance comes a wide array of men’s selections, and it can be difficult to know where you should start your search.What makes a fragrance for a man or a woman?
The factors that determine a product as a man or woman’s item depend on market preferences, consumer demand, and personal taste. This has led to light and floral scents being associated with a feminine aspect, while a masculine tradition favors earthy or spiced elements. When considering Kenzo selections, you can use some basic industry guidelines to help you with your choice.
- Top notes: For a man’s cologne, brands like Kenzo focus on bold aromatics drawn from resins and exotic woods found around the world. They pair these with many other favored blends to create a range of masculine products.
- Base notes: Musks and oil essences have been used for centuries as standard ingredients for many fragrant applications, but they are still common for men’s products, too. They typically add to the overall experience like an afterthought, recognizable after the initial aromas fade.
- Potency: Men’s colognes are often desired for their noticeable impression and lingering qualities, which are factors sometimes attributed to the base notes and their ability to carry fragrant components through long-lasting or vigorous wear.
Whether you prefer to wear your products on the skin, on pulse points, or on your shirt will determine which type of fragrant concentration you should buy. Many varieties come in different kinds of carriers and dispensers to suit each person’s preference or situation. Ultimately, the ratio of fragrant oils and ingredients to the carrier products like water and alcohol will automatically determine what a scent will be called. Knowing the difference between each type of fragrance style helps you target your search for the ideal match.
- Eau de Parfum: When sold as Eau de Parfum, a product is considered to contain 15% to 20% fragrant compounds to carrier ingredients. Typically, this can last around six hours of normal wear. Potency may vary by brand.
- Eau de Toilette: Products listed as Eau de Toilette contain 5% to 15% fragrant compounds to carrier ingredients. While the longevity of the fragrance depends on ingredients and profile, normal wear is expected to last around four hours.
- Eau de Cologne: With this specification, there are 2% to 4% fragrant compounds to carrier ingredients. Because of the lighter combination, you may find the potency of top notes fading in favor of base notes faster than other concentrations.
- Aftershave: Most aftershave products serve two purposes, the first of which is to help the skin recover from shaving or exfoliation. The second use for a scented aftershave lays the base for a light fragrance when left alone or acts as a good base to build on using additional products with higher concentrations.