Information on John Deere Dozers
John Deere has been in the business of making dozers for both commercial and personal use since 1837 and are one of the industry leaders with an international reach. They have a huge line of crawler dozers that can serve any job site from a small residential leech field to large construction projects like skyscrapers or stadiums. Finding the dozer you need to get the job done is as easy as typing John Deere Dozer into the eBay search bar.What are some of the features on these dozers?
The design of John Deere dozers and other construction equipment span across 10 different series that include multiple models varying in size and application. Here is a brief list of some of the features that are common to them all and how they can benefit the job site.
- SmartGrade: Fully integrated grade control is an integrated design amongst both the hardware and software components that gives the operator maximum control from the cabin on how a grade is to be ploughed. SmartGrade technology will automatically adjust the blade to keep the grade constant on uneven terrain.
- Hydrostatic Transmissions: John Deere crawler dozers have hydrostatic transmissions that use pressurized hydraulic fluid to create a constant variable transmission making a clutch obsolete.
- Controls and Monitoring Equipment: When applicable, a forward-facing cab design offers great visibility of the blade, ergonomic T-bar hydraulic control, and a Total Machine Control monitor so nothing goes missed.
- Simplified Maintenance: Performing maintenance on your John Deere equipment is simplified with hinged engine side shields, tilting front grille that gives access to the dipsticks, fill tubes, and the battery.
In figuring out whether to go with a new or used crawler dozer, there are a few considerations that youll need to go over. A used dozer like the ones you can find on eBay is a great solution for someone looking to complete a residential or commercial construction project where general use equipment will get the job done. Youll be able to save a great deal of money not buying a new machine and still get the job completed. The only two things to keep in mind that could be potentially negative when buying a used John Deere machine are what condition its in and the age of the machine.What are some maintenance checks to perform?
- Check all fluids before each use.
- Check tracks for cracks or breaks.
- Check blade for cracks and major damage.
- Check the undercarriage for any damage.
- Check all monitors and controls for proper operation.