Important Things You Should Know Before Purchasing Jensen Marine Audio Stereos
Jensen marine stereos can bring you hours of listening pleasure while out on the water, and the simple user interface will make controlling these stereos a breeze. They are also packed with features such as Bluetooth, USB, and an auxiliary input to easily connect a variety of your electronic devices. On eBay, you can find a wide selection of new and used Jensen marine stereos to fit your needs.Can an amplifier be connected to a Jensen marine stereo?
Yes, an amplifier package can be connected to a Jensen stereo. The choice to connect an amplifier will depend on many factors such as the type and size of your marine vehicle and performance desires. For example, a small boat should not need an amplifier.How can you provide extra protection for Jensen marine stereos?
Although these stereos are water resistant, it is still a good idea to try and minimize their exposure to water or moisture. If this is not possible, then items such as marine covers will be helpful. On boats, installing the stereo beneath the console is a good option.
- Waterproof:This means a piece of equipment can be completely submerged underwater. The depth and time will vary between manufacturers.
- Water resistant:This means a piece of equipment can withstand splashes of water or light rain, but no complete submersion.
A wide selection of reasonably priced Jensen marine stereos can be found on eBay, such as round and single din styles. The style you need will depend on the size of your existing opening. Both styles have similar functions and features.What wires should be used to connect Jensen marine stereos?
Only stranded copper wire should be used to connect marine stereos. This is important because other type wires will be susceptible to corrosion. The gauge of wire required will depend on the power output of your system. Look for wiring labeled for marine applications.
- American Wire Gauge (AWG):An organization that provides wire ratings based on gauge size. Best suited size for marine applications.
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE):A society that also rates wires by gauge size.
- Types:Type cables designate how many strands are in a wire. For example, a Type 2 wire can have 19-127 strands and are ideal for general marine applications such as stereos and speakers.
- Type 1:These cables are basically solid core and should not be used on boats.
- Type 3:These cables range between 26 and 1,024 strands and should be used in areas that experience frequent flexing and bending.