Make Your New Ride an International Harvester Car or Pickup
While you may know International Harvester better for its high-quality farm equipment, many collectors love this maker's antique and vintage cars and trucks. The company made their first pickup in 1908, and they continued to produce them for many years to come.International Harvester Pickup Models
If you are searching eBay for an International Harvester pickup for sale, then you may want to consider some of their first models. Options include:
- Auto wagon: This open-air two-cylinder air-cooled motor car was capable of producing up to 20 horsepower. Since roads were not in great shape, many people loved its high, wide stance.
- Slope-hood trucks: Officially called models F, G, H, and L, these International pickup trucks had a sloping hood with the radiator right in front of the driver. A four-cylinder engine powered them, and they had a three-speed transmission. Eventually, the company renamed these truck models 21, 31, 61, and 101 with the first digit(s) showing their weight capacity.
- A series: Introduced in the 1930s, the smallest of these International Harvester trucks was a 3/4 ton. These trucks had more stylish curves than earlier box-like options, and they had the first water-cooled radiators.
- D series: These International pickups were the first series to have an all-steel cab. The 213 cubic-inch six-cylinder engines in these trucks could now achieve 78 horsepower. Drivers could choose a three-or four-speed transmission.
- K series: You can find 114 different models of K series International pickups. Lighter models had a rear-hinge hood, while larger models had a butterfly hood. These were the first International pickups to integrate the headlights into the fenders.
From 1953 to 1975, the company made an SUV vehicle called the International Travelall. The first of these vehicles had two doors and a 115-inch wheelbase. Starting in 1956, four-wheel drive options became available. They were powered by an International Harvester 220 cubic inch (3.6 L) Silver Diamond inline six-cylinder engine. International Harvester introduced models with four doors in 1958. Power steering, power brakes, and V-8 engines became available in 1959. In all, you can find eight unique versions of International Traverall for sale, including airport limousines, school buses, and ambulances.International Harvester Scout SUVs
International Harvester produced many different versions of its Scout SUV starting in 1960. The first one, called Scout 80, had removable side windows and a fold-down windshield. The Scout 80 also had a gasoline-powered 152 four-cylinder engine. You can find redesigned Scouts, called Scout 801, starting in 1965 with three different engines, including a gasoline-powered 196 four-cylinder engine, a 232 inline-six engine, and a 266 cubic-inch V8 engine. The company introduced the Scout 801A in 1965.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by International Harvester.