Jeep Wrangler Interior Lights
Jeep Wrangler interior lighting comes in a variety of different styles. Each option serves a slightly different purpose to help with visibility in the body of the vehicle, whether it's the Jeep Wrangler JK or Unlimited JK. Cleaning interior lights regularly can help to maintain vehicle safety.What are the interior light styles?
There are different styles of lights for the Jeep Wrangler, including strips, tubes, strobes, standard lights, and switches. The styles for your SUV are described below:
- Jeep strips are pieces of cylindrical plastic cording that come in various thicknesses. Small bulbs are spaced evenly along the strips and come in many different colors, including neutral white. Strips can be installed virtually anywhere in a Jeep Wrangler’s interior, including the ceiling, floor, doors, under seats, and on the dashboard.
- Wrangler tubes are similar to strips in that they are also cylindrical pieces of plastic, but instead of having bulbs spaced evenly along the cord, they have a consistent glow emitting from them, similar to a neon light. Tubes come in all different colors and thicknesses, like strips, and can be mounted on almost any surface to accent different features in a Jeep Wrangler’s interior.
- Strobe lights are functional for first responders like police, firefighters, and tow truck operators. Commonly used colors are white, red, blue, and orange. Police use all four, firefighter personnel typically utilize blue, and tow truck personnel use orange. Strobes can be mounted in the front or rear windshield to be as visible as possible to oncoming traffic.
- Jeep standard lighting refers to the lights over the driver’s and front passenger’s seats along with lights installed in the ceiling, dash, or floor that light up when a door is opened or when the Jeep Wrangler is turned off. These lights are often lit with standard bulbs and glow white or yellowish.
- Switches are on the Jeep Wrangler’s dashboard and exist to fulfill a variety of different functions, including heating, air conditioning, and radio controls. Each knob or switch has a cutout to depict an image or lettering that describes its function. Different-colored beams are used to emphasize these functions.
LED, incandescent, and halogen bulbs can be used to illuminate Jeep Wrangler interior lighting. LED bulbs are relatively small, long-lasting, and energy-efficient. Often these are the type used in strips and tubes. Incandescent bulbs glow slightly yellower and softer. Halogen bulbs have a capsule in the middle to keep the filament safe. These burn especially brightly as well.What are cleaning tips for interior lights?
Jeep interior lights like the dome light can be powered off and wiped down with a damp cloth every so often to remove dust. This decreases the odds of a fire and increases visibility. If there are spots or stains on interior lights, carefully apply a damp cloth with a small amount of soap on it. Rub the fixture until the stain lifts, and then wipe it again with a damp cloth solely dipped in water. Finally, dry the interior light.