Dodge Dakota Interior Door Panels and Parts
The door panels in your Dodge Dakota experience heavy use; over time, the constant opening and closing can lead to damage or wear on your car. Whether you’re fixing an entire panel or replacing a single lock button, it’s important to find the right components to fit your Dodge. Select from a variety of Dodge Dakota interior door panels and parts to suit all models.What are MOPAR components for the Dodge?
MOPAR is the parts manufacturing subsection of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. It makes the components for all FCA brand vehicles, including Dodge. This means that if you find a MOPAR part that matches the year, model, and trim of your Dodge Dakota, it’s probably an appropriate match for the original part.What are some components of a Dodge Dakota door panel?
The door panel covers the entire inside surface of the door on your Dodge Dakota. It creates a finished look and shields systems such as the lock cylinders, window motors, and window electronics. The included components vary, based on the model and the location of the door, but standard parts include the following:
- Door handle: This is the lock and latch to open the door; some panels also feature a fixed handle to help pull the door shut.
- Lock opening: This enables the door lock knob to extend up from the panel.
- Storage compartment: Many Dodge Dakota models feature a small storage compartment in the lower part of the interior door panel.
- Speaker grille: This is a slatted or gridded unit that covers delicate speaker components while still allowing sound to escape.
- Window and lock controls: These controls operate the windows and locks on your Dakota. Depending on your pickup year, this might include buttons that connect to wiring harnesses or manual controls that connect to cable systems in the door.
Trim panels are smaller subsections of the full Dakota door panel. They usually contain one or more components of the door, such as speaker grilles or the door handle assembly. These panels may be sold separately or as part of the full panel.What are Dodge Dakota door panel clips?
Door panel clips are small plastic components that help fasten the door panel to the outer door frame in your Dakota. These clips are prone to wear over time and have the tendency to snap when the panel is removed, so they may need to be replaced after a repair. Different parts of the Dodge panel use different clips, so it’s important to check the design before ordering new parts for your Dodge vehicle.What are some available Dodge Dakota door panel bezels?
The bezels are the plastic frames that surround the different components in the door panel. Bezels usually allow tool-free installation with no visible screws for a neater look.
- Window controls: This bezel fits around the power window buttons.
- Lock controls: This frame surrounds the power lock buttons on some Dodge pickups.
- Handles: These fit around the door handle.