Everything You Need to Know About Buying Incense
You want to relax and find some peace at the end of a busy day, and burning incense could give you the right setting to do so. Incense is often used in aromatherapy and meditation, but you can also employ it simply to add nice fragrances to a room. The wide range of incense sticks, incense cones, essential oils, and accessories, such as incense burners, makes it easy to experience all sorts of aromas and scents.
What Are Some of the Uses of Incense?
Burning incense has been a way to relax the mind and the body for thousands of years. Whether you choose incense sticks or cones, the fragrance creates a romantic or energetic atmosphere to suit your mood.
- Practice Yoga: Many people like to enjoy the beautiful aroma of incense when practicing yoga, as it helps them to reach the right state of mind quickly.
- Unwind: Burning incense while curling up on the sofa with a book and a mug of tea is an easy way to feel good and reconnect with yourself.
- Meditate: Just like in the case of yoga, burning your favorite incense can help get your meditating juices flowing.
What Are Some Popular Types of Incense?
No matter the reason you decide to burn an incense stick, it's important to know what type of fragrance works for you and how to get the most out of your selected scent.
- Cinnamon: Often associated with passion and lust, cinnamon incense is a good choice for bringing back the spark in the bedroom.
- Frankincense: Promoting tranquility and peace, this scent is often used to relieve anxiety and stress. Burn a couple of these incense sticks after getting home from work to begin relaxing.
- Jasmine: a suitable aroma to awaken the senses, jasmine incense can relieve headaches and relax tense muscles as well.
- Patchouli: This scent has been known to relieve symptoms associated with anxiety, depression, and fatigue.
- Sandalwood: The fresh and earthy scent of sandalwood induces a meditative and calm state while also working well as an aphrodisiac.
What Accessories Do I Need to Burn Incense?
Whether you are just starting to master the art of burning incense or you've been doing it for years, you'll need multiple accessories and supplies.
- Incense Ash Catchers: The most common accessory for burning incense, an ash catcher makes it easy to burn incense sticks without making a mess. They are available in multiple materials, including metal, ceramic, wood, and soapstone.
- Incense Holders:Also available in multiple materials such as wood, metal, and crystal, these incense stick holders are often artsy and double as decorating pieces for your home.
- Incense Cone Burners: Suitable for burning cones, these bowl-like burners often feature Buddhist-inspired shapes and are made from wood, ceramic, or brass.