Incense, most commonly seen in stick form, has been used for centuries due to the variety of smells and smoke produced. An incense burner can come in various types, such as those made from wood or metal. An incense holder can also come in a range of styles, such as the ones shaped like a tree or lotus flower.
What different incense burner styles are available?
You can find an incense burner available in an array of styles, colors, materials, and sizes. Different types of incense fit different burners. A stick incense, for example, fits a boat incense burner. You can find burners that are made from steel, iron, gold, porcelain, and many other types of material. An incense burner size can vary from small to very large. You can find a stationary or movable incense holders, too.
What qualities should one look for when buying incense burners?
- Durability: You’ll want to get an incense holder based on how often you'll use it and if you will be traveling with it. Pay close attention to the material used. If you’re traveling with it, you’ll want something sturdy.
- Material: Different materials serve different purposes. For instance, a gold burner matches specific decors, and a wooden one is practical because it does not tarnish. You may also want an incense holder that incorporates multiple materials. Common materials from which incense burners are crafted include wood, brass, ceramic, and porcelain.
- Size: You can find large and small incense burners. The size of an incense burner will dictate how much incense you can burn at one time. An incense burner may have trays that make cleaning up the residual ash easier.
- Incense Type: There are different types of incense. You can find resin incense, stick incense, cone incense, and incense that is incorporated into paper. The type will also determine what kind of incense burner you should purchase. One of the most common burners that people buy is a wooden boat with stick incense.
- Incense Burner Aesthetics: The aesthetics of your burner impact your immediate environment. Wood looks and feels different from brass. A wooden boat will feel different from an altar or coffin, for example. Two sticks of incense will feel and smell different from 10 sticks. The way your burner looks will determine how much incense it can hold, too. For instance, a basic wood burner can hold one stick. A Buddha hand may be constructed of brass and burn five sticks of incense.