Get Efficient Power with Hydraulic Pumps
If your machine has been sitting for a while now because it needs a replacement hydraulic pump, then purchasing one from eBay’s many reasonably priced new and used hydraulic pumps for sale may be just what you need.Common brands of hydraulic pumps
The following are a handful of brands that are tried-and-true when it comes to hydraulic pumps:
- Power Team
- Monarch Specialties
There are several power sources to choose from, so you are sure to find a pump that meets your needs:
- Manual – This means that you are the source of power. You must use a hand or foot pump that creates hydraulic power.
- Pneumatic – These are powered by air pressure. You likely have an air hose connection that gets pressure from a generator to drive hydraulic power.
- Electric – This means that you need to have a power outlet to run the pump. The most common is a 12-volt. There is no work for you, and you do not have to have another component. You simply plug the pump in and turn it on.
You should be aware of the three main types of hydraulic pumps so that you can identify what you need to get as a replacement if you liked how your prior one worked:
- Hydraulic gear pump – These use gears to move the hydraulic fluid through the system.
- Hydraulic inline piston pump – Similar to an engine, the piston moves within a barrel to create pressure that will force the hydraulic fluid through the system. These can be found as a single action or double action pump. In a single action pump, the piston moves downward from hydraulic pressure, but it is forced back up with a spring. The double-action piston pump presses and pulls with hydraulic power.
- Hydraulic vane pump – These pumps use centrifugal force produced by a rotating impeller to produce hydraulic power.
Once you figure out how the pump is powered, what type of pump it is, and if you need a specific brand, then you are ready to buy a replacement pump. However, you do want to be sure to ask about the history of the pump. You will want to know if it has received any prior maintenance and approximately how many hours it has been run in total.