Toyota Camry Hub Caps
Your hubcaps can do a lot to change the visual appeal of your vehicle. Although many Camry owners consider their hubcaps to be more aesthetic than functional, they are actually both. Hubcaps for your Toyota Camry are available in many different sizes, finishes, shapes, styles, and colors.What do Toyota hubcaps do?
Hubcaps for your Toyota serve several purposes. These metal or plastic covers do the following:
- Protect: Due to the nature of their location, your tires and wheels will be exposed to a lot of dirt, grime, and road debris. They are also at a higher risk of being scratched or dented. A hubcap helps protect your wheels from all of these things.
- Add visual appeal: Car and truck enthusiasts agree that one of the easiest things you can do to improve the aesthetics of your car is to add customizing hubcaps. You can choose from a variety of designs, colors, and features to help make your Toyota vehicle your own.
- Increase wheel life: Since a hubcap works to protect your wheel, brakes, and bearings, it can also extend the life of these pieces on your Toyota Camry.
- Improve aerodynamics: Wheel covers can decrease the turbulence your car experiences and improve its aerodynamics.
One major factor you will need to pay attention to when shopping for hubcaps is size. Hubcaps come in specific sizes and must fit on your wheel in order to be secure, look their best, and function properly. To figure out what size hubcap you need, look on the outside of your tire. Here, you will find a number. For example, P175/65/R14 is a number written on tires. The last set of numbers indicate the hubcap size you need. In the example, the sizes needed for your Toyota are 14-inch hubcaps.What are Toyota hubcaps made of?
Hubcaps for your Toyota can be made of plastic, metal, or alloy. There is no one material that is generally preferred over another although each material has its own benefits.
- Plastic: Hubcaps that are plastic are lighter and increase fuel economy. They are also easy to install.
- Metal: Metal hubcaps can give you more control of your vehicle when driving. They are durable and can last a long time.
- Alloy: Alloy wheels can improve your acceleration times and are better for the suspension of your car or truck.