Scion xB Hubcaps
Hubcaps, also known as wheel covers, have both a practical and aesthetic function. They cover your lug nuts and wheels to help your car look better, and they also provide protection for your wheels and brakes. There are many options when it comes to purchasing hub caps ones for your Toyota Scion xB model.What factors should you consider when buying hubcaps?
You will need to consider several factors when shopping for new covers for your Scion xB. These factors include:
- Size: Purchasing the correct size is imperative for a good fit, and so that the hubcaps stay securely on your vehicle. It is a myth that you are supposed to measure your wheel covers manually. You will need to look on the side of your tire for a set of numbers and letters starting with the letter P. The last number in the set of numbers corresponds to the size of hubcap you need in inches.
- Style: When it comes to selecting hubcaps for your Scion xB, you can choose from a variety of different styles. These styles can include spoke-like designs with five to seven different spokes on them. There are also cut-out shape designs, and some designs cover more of the wheel than others.
- Color: While many Toyota Scion xB owners prefer to stick with traditional silver, black, white, and gold colors for their covers, others are more adventurous and choose a bolder color like blue, red, purple, or pink. With colored wheel covers, you can choose to match the color of your Scion xB or to complement it.
- Finish: You can also choose the look of your wheel covers by selecting a finish. Common finishes include chrome, which is a shinier finish, and matte, which is a flatter finish.
- Factory direct or aftermarket: You can also choose between OEM or aftermarket hubcaps. OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. Aftermarket is another brand of hubcaps. Both types of wheel covers have their benefits. However, if you want the Scion or Toyota emblem to be featured on your covers, you will need to purchase factory direct ones.
You should clean your wheel covers as often as you wash your xB. It is important that they stay clean to help your car look its best. It can also help protect your xB's wheels and brakes. You can wash them with a detergent and a hose with a spray nozzle. You can also apply a thin layer of wax and buff with a microfiber cloth when you are finished.