Honda emblems allow you to broadcast your vehicle’s make and model with style. However, harsh weather and frequent car washes can cause the parts to lose their aesthetic appeal. While replacing them is easy, you should know your options before selecting new emblems for your car.Where do you place Honda Type R emblems?
The selection of Honda’s Type R accessories ranges in color and size for the vehicle’s interior and exterior. Options include emblems for the front grille, steering wheel, and rear. Each badge adds a distinctive aesthetic element to the Honda Civic and Integra as well as the JDM (Japanese domestic market) Acura and Accord.
- Type R Rear Logo: The Type R Honda emblem fits over the trunk’s lock. Options also include script badges that spell out Honda and include the model’s name.
- Type R Side Logo: The labels sit on the car's sides. They hold their position on doors as well as the front or rear fenders.
- Type R Front Grille Logo: Grille badges feature the Honda logo and snap into place, making it easy to upgrade JDM Password automobiles. Few options require hardware.
- Type R Steering Wheel Logo: The steering wheel logo fits in the center of the helm.
- Type R Rim Center Logo: The cap fits into the center of the wheel. Parts of the emblem have an ABS plastic base. The top features either brushed aluminum, chrome, or enamel.
Honda Civic and Integra emblems come in different materials. The selection ranges from vinyl decals to Honda Type R billet badges. Pay attention to finish options when choosing emblems for your automobile. See the types of materials listed below.
- Vinyl: The emblems are made of professional grade vinyl.
- Honda Chrome-plated Logos: These badges contain the same materials found in OEM emblems.
- Honda Billet Logos: These lightweight badges feature a polished aluminum finish and may attach with adhesive or hardware.
- Honda Enamel Logos: Made with a metal copper base, these emblems feature enamel coloring with a nickel, chrome, or gold finish.
- Honda Plastic Logos: The emblems are constructed of automotive grade plastic.
Traditionally, Honda Type R logos have a red background with a silver letter H. See-through and special edition options are also available. You will find fits for both the interior and exterior of your auto. View the color options below.
- Silver and red badges resemble the OEM emblems for the Honda Civic and Integra models.
- Special edition accessories feature gold lettering and logos for the Honda Legend and Jade.
- Choose from glossy black Type R logos and silver logos set on a black frame for JDM vehicles.
- Sporty options include the silver Honda logo with a transparent background.
Review the manufacturer's instruction before installation. Directions vary per manufacturer for emblems requiring hardware. The recommended temperature for adhesive applications ranges from 50-90 degrees. To remove old, sticky emblems, apply heat and pry it free.
- Prepare the surface with soap and water and apply alcohol after it dries.
- Mark the spot with painter’s tape.
- Peel the paper backing or apply glue to the back of the badge.
- Place the emblem in position and hold until it bonds.