Headlights for Subaru WRX
Shine forth a path bright and clear with these headlights for the Subaru Impreza WRX. The available options, including LED bulbs, HID bulbs, and complete headlight assemblies, are plentiful enough to cater to the diverse tastes of any Subaru driver. See what is available, and pick the headlights that accentuate the curves and raw power of your WRX.What benefits does LED lighting offer for the Subaru WRX?
LED lighting is comprised of tiny and energy-efficient LED light bulbs, called diodes. LED diodes are so small that they can be arranged in almost any pattern. They use up a small amount of electricity, and they don’t heat up perceptibly during use. Most impressively, LED diodes are rated to last 50,000 hours, or over 5.7 years, of non-stop use.How do you replace headlight assemblies in a Subaru WRX?
Many LED lighting upgrades for your Subaru WRX require the removal and replacement of the entire headlight assembly. This process includes the use of basic shop tools and about an hour of labor. Follow these simple instructions to remove the old headlight assembly and replace your new upgrade.
- Pop the hood, and remove your WRX grille by releasing the six retention clips.
- Pick a side, and use a socket wrench to remove the bolts on the top and side of the headlight assembly.
- Take out a few of the pop tabs on the bumper to loosen it slightly.
- Depress the plastic clips, and gently wiggle the headlight assembly to remove it from your Subaru. Disconnect the three wiring harnesses from the headlight.
- Position the new headlight assembly into place and connect the wiring harnesses. Insert the headlight into your Subaru, and replace the bumper pop tabs, bolts, and grille to complete installation. Repeat these steps for the other headlight assembly.
While the WRX usually doesn’t come with fog headlights already installed, it’s easy to add this upgrade for enhanced illumination in low-visibility conditions. While most LED fog lamp kits come with the fuse required for operation, you may need to acquire this part separately. Follow these simple steps to install ultra-bright Subaru Impreza fog headlights:
- Turn off the engine, disconnect the battery, and open the driver’s side door. Locate the fuse panel, and install the new fuse in the vacant slot three spots up from the bottom.
- Plug the WRX fog switch into the empty panel on the left of your I/C sprayer button.
- At the front of your Subaru Impreza WRX vehicle, remove the STi fog cover on the right-hand side, and locate the wiring harness.
- Plug the wiring harness into the fog headlight, and secure it into position using the provided hardware.
- Repeat these steps for the left side fog lamp.