Porsche Boxster Headlights
The Porsche Boxster is a two-seat sports car that is designed in the convertible roadster style. The Porsche 718 Boxster features a 2.5 liter engine to 3.2 liter engine with 300 to 365 horsepower, five-speed automatic transmission, and multiple wheel designs based on each trim level. After years of driving, you may need to replace the bulb or entire assembly for the headlights of your Porsche Boxster vehicle.What features do headlights for the Boxster offer?
- Integration of the high beams and low beams: The headlight assemblies for the Porsche are designed to deliver high beam or low beam functionality with one unit, which is controlled by a switch on the Boxster's dashboard.
- Compatibility with different bulb types: Different model years and trims offer compatibility with light-emitting diode bulbs. There are conversion kits available for headlight assemblies of Porsche vehicles so that you can convert them to using light emitting diode headlights.
- Transparent covers for the delivery of intense light: The transparent covers of the headlights provide a large area of coverage ahead of you so that you can see when you are driving your Porsche. The covers are designed to deliver the full intensity of the light.
- Select a light bulb or assembly kit: Select a replacement bulb or an entire replacement assembly kit that includes the housing, wiring, clips, and clamps.
- Choose the model year and trim level of your vehicle: Select the model year of your Boxster. Porsche changed the size and shape of the headlights slightly over the years. Different trim levels of the Boxster also have different styling for the headlights. You will also need to choose a headlight assembly for the driver's side or the passenger's side of the Porsche Boxster sports car.
- Select a manufacturer for the headlights: Select Porsche as the original equipment manufacturer for replacement headlight assemblies. You could also choose parts made by Auto DN, IC Beamer, Philips, Sylvania, Toyota, and WD Express. There are also unbranded bulbs and headlight assemblies available for the Boxster.
There are two types of headlights used for the Porsche Boxster convertible roadster: Reflectors and projectors.
The reflector uses a double filament that is surrounded by a lens along the axis of the reflector on the Porsche. Low beam light is delivered with the use of one filament, and high beam lights are delivered by powering two filaments with the engine's battery.
The projector assemblies for the Porsche Boxster use a reflector and a condenser lens to project some of the light upwards. This allows you to see the road signs with a greater level of illumination.
The reflector and projector types of headlight assemblies for the Porsche Boxster may be compatible with xenon halogen, light emitting diode, or high-intensity discharge bulbs.