Oldsmobile Silhouette Headlights
The Oldsmobile Silhouette minivan was produced from 1990 through 2004. During this time, it went through three generations of interior and exterior updates, and it featured futuristic styling that included rectangular-shaped headlights that went around the front driver's and passenger's sides and around the corner to the sides of the body panels. After about five to six years of regular use, the bulbs in the headlight assemblies may need a repair in order for the Oldsmobile Silhouette to remain safe to drive.How do you choose replacement headlights for the Oldsmobile Silhouette?
- Select a bulb type: Select a light-emitting diode bulb, an incandescent light, or a halogen light. Be sure to select the correct wattage of bulb. This information is in your Oldsmobile owner's manual if you cannot tell by removing the burned-out headlight.
- Choose a brand: The available brands of replacement headlights for this model of Oldsmobile include AC Delco, Auto DN, Chevrolet, Depo Auto Parts, IC Beamer, Philips, and Putco. Unbranded replacement headlights are also available for the Silhouette.
- Select the placement on the vehicle: Determine whether to place the headlights in the front right or the left areas on the vehicle. Some models of Silhouettes have fog lights that are separate fixtures from the headlights.
- Combined high- and low-beam output: Replacement headlights allow for the use of high beams and low beams while driving at night. You can select the beam output level on the steering column of your Oldsmobile Silhouette minivan.
- Light-emitting diode conversion kits: Older models of the Silhouette feature light-emitting diode conversion kits that allow your vehicle to use these energy-efficient bulbs.
- Chrome housing with transparent covers: To replace a headlight that has been damaged by a collision, entire assemblies are available for the Oldsmobile vehicle that feature a chrome housing with transparent covers that fit over the bulb's assembly in the engine compartment.
It is important to promptly replace a light bulb that has gone out on the driver's or passenger's side of your Oldsmobile minivan. The light provides you with visibility when driving at night.
- Release the hood, and locate the back of the headlight. The bulb holder is shaped like a trapezoid.
- Remove the bulb from the harness by releasing the plastic or metal scrips or unscrewing it.
- Hold the base of the bulb, turning it counterclockwise to pull it out.
- Install the replacement bulb. Use a tissue while holding the new bulb.
- Turn your engine on, and check the vehicle's lights to ensure that they turn on.