Nissan Titan Headlights
Headlights are an essential part of your Nissan Titan vehicle, keeping you visible and lighting your way in low light conditions. If need to replace your Titan headlights, there are a variety of styles and options available from which you may choose. It may also be reasonable to keep a few extra bulbs for your Nissan’s headlights in case you need a replacement in a hurry.What are Nissan Titan projector headlights?
Projector headlights are those that project a bright, focused light. The bulb is put into a projector bowl, and its light is reflected and magnified in a projector lens that sits in a housing painted with chrome. The headlights that result are very bright and fall where the driver needs it to fall on the road ahead. Projector headlights use halogen or high-intensity discharge lamps. The latter are also called HID or Xenon lamps.What does "K" stand for when it comes to bulbs?
K stands for Kelvins. The Kelvin is a measurement of thermodynamic temperature. Lower temperatures give off cooler, bluish light while temperatures about 5000K give off a warmer yellow glow. Many LED lights for your headlights are between 6000 and 6500K.How do you install Nissan Titan headlights?
To install headlights on your Nissan Titan, you will need a flat blade screwdriver, pliers, and the right-sized sockets and ratchets.
- Disconnect the battery. Use the screwdriver to loosen the four clips at the front of the grill. At the bottom of the grill, loosen three more clips. Pull out the grill.
- Loosen the screws that hold the housing for the lamps.
- Pull back the panel, and remove the bolts at the top of the headlights.
- Disconnect the harness and pull out the lighting housing.
- Replace the bulbs if necessary. The Nissan Titan has two bulbs on each side. They are easy to lift in and out. Make sure new ones lock in securely after they are pushed into their housing.
- Replace the headlight housing, then replace the grill. Replace all bolts, washers, screws and panels.
Nissan Titan’s black headlights are actually covers. These covers are tinted or smoked so that they appear black. They are designed for aesthetic appeal, and many who choose this option are looking for a sporty look.How do LED lights function for the Nissan Titan?
LED bulbs are efficient lamps that work via semiconductors instead of filaments. Other types of car lights, such as incandescent and halogen lamps work via filaments that give off heat and light. High-intensity discharge lamps work because of an electric arc that passes between two electrodes. LEDs work when electrons flow through the semiconductors. Because of this, they lose less energy than other lamps. LEDs are cool to the touch and can last a very long time, making them an ideal option for your Nissan Titan.