Mazda 6 Headlights
The Mazda 6 is a midsize family car available in four-door sedan, five-door station wagon, and five-door hatchback body styles. In production since 2002, the Mazda 6 has received several accolades and provides passenger room, comfort, and style to car buyers. The front profile of the Mazda 6 includes bright, clear headlights that contribute to the functionality of the vehicle as well as the overall aesthetic.What are the benefits of using fog lights
The Mazda 6 comes equipped with either halogen bulb or LED fog lamps, depending on the trim package and model year. Factory-installed, the fog lights may be located in the headlamp assembly itself or on the front bumper below the headlights.
- In inclement weather, to include fog and snow, where there are particulates that reflect light back at the driver, the low, wide beam of the fog light provides a view of the road without the obstruction caused by that reflection.
- The illumination offered by fog lamps brightens the area immediately in front of the Mazda, necessitating slower driving and safer speeds.
- Fog lights offer another styling option for the front profile of the Mazda.
Frenched headlights are recessed into the body of the vehicle for a smoother front profile. This look is typical of the euro style headlights. Some cars already have this design feature, but those without this feature may be converted with the use of aftermarket bezels, housings, or replacement assemblies.What are halos?
Halo is the name given to a lighting feature inside a headlight assembly that is shaped like a ring. They may also be called "coronas." The ring is a style element, but also provides functional and bright illumination. Typically, the ring of light is comprised of several LEDs arranged in a circle, but the ring may also be illuminated with fluorescent or xenon. The style imparted by halos is that of luxury and is widely available in several configurations from aftermarket manufacturers.What are the benefits of using LED headlights?
- LEDs complement the existing body design and styling of the Mazda 6. The bright, crisp light coupled with the clean lines offered by the light diodes adds to that aesthetic.
- LED aftermarket offerings for the Mazda 6 give the driver a choice in the appearance of their vehicle. LEDs are used to create light bars, halo lights, and are a bright accompaniment to chrome and black bezels.
- The lifespan of the LED is long which translates into a low maintenance headlight.
- The energy needs of LEDs are low so you can keep them on longer without running your engine. Even with your engine running, they will contribute less to battery replacement and alternator wear.
- LEDs don't put off much heat. This is due to their low energy requirements and means your headlights will not affect you, passengers, or pets in case of contact. Additionally, heat won't cause bugs or other road debris to bond to your lens.