Lexus LS 460 Headlights
Shopping for new headlights for your luxury Lexus LS 460 sedan can be an enlightening experience. With so many different types of replacement bulbs and assemblies available, protecting your safety on the road is actually a journey of discovery. Sift through the available options to find the automotive illumination solutions that will make your Lexus luxury vehicle shine brightly throughout the night.What types of headlights are available for the LS 460?
Two types of headlights dominate the contemporary automotive lighting market: light-emitting diodes (LED) and high-intensity discharge bulbs (HID). HID bulbs are similar to conventional incandescent lights in that they are encased in a glass housing, but instead of a filament, they make use of discharged gas (usually xenon) to create an immensely bright electrical current between two tungsten electrodes. LED lights are minuscule in terms of both physical size and energy use. Perhaps the most impressive attribute of LED lights is their rated life span of 50,000 hours.What are the benefits of fog lights on your vehicle?
A more powerful alternative to conventional high beams in the Lexus LS 460 model, fog lights cast a low and wide beam along the road in front of a vehicle. In low-visibility conditions such as snow, sleet, or fog, these ultra-bright additions to the standard Lexus lighting setup can pick up potential hazards in the path of your vehicle that would otherwise be obscured. Though the angle of the beam emitted by fog lights is mainly directed at the ground, these optional illuminators are so bright they should never be used in the presence of oncoming cars.How do you install new headlight assemblies?
There are a number of reasons why you might be shopping for new headlight assemblies as a Lexus sedan owner. Either you need to replace a lens or you’ve decided it’s time to upgrade to LED lighting. Once you’ve picked out the replacement assembly that’s suitable for your Lexus model, it’s time to learn how to remove the old assembly and insert something new. This simple process requires basic shop tools.
- Turn off the engine and remove the bumper cover by pulling out the pins on the underside.
- Pick a side to start with if replacing both assemblies. Using a socket wrench, remove the three bolts that are holding the old headlight assembly in place.
- Pull the old assembly a short distance away from the vehicle and disconnect the electrical harness. Discard the old assembly and position the replacement into place. Connect the electrical harness.
- Pop the new assembly into the cavity and reach inside the wheel well to install the three bolts. Test the headlight to make sure the installation was successful.
- Repeat these steps for the opposite side if necessary. Replace the bumper cover when you’re finished.