Hyundai Sonata Headlights
Clear the path ahead with the power of excellent headlight performance in your Sonata. While there are many options available when it comes to Hyundai Sonata headlights, any of these replacement assemblies and bulbs will perform the critical illumination function that you need to stay safe on the road. Take time to learn your options and choose the headlights that complement the sleek curves of your Hyundai sedan.What types of headlights are available for the Hyundai Sonata?
The two types of lighting technology used in Hyundai Sonata headlights are high-intensity discharge (HID) bulbs and light-emitting diodes (LEDs). HID bulbs are considered the gold standard when it comes to vehicle headlights and are comprised of a glass housing, a noble gas, and two tungsten electrodes. When the gas is released into the housing and the electrodes are electrified, a brilliant electrical arc appears between the electrodes. HID bulbs are rated to last between 1,000 and 2,000 hours. LEDs are composed of various semiconductor materials and are minuscule both in size and in energy uptake. LEDs are incredibly bright and don’t get hot even after hours of use. LEDs are rated to last 50,000 hours.How do you install LED bulbs in Hyundai Sonata headlights?
When old HID low-beam bulbs burn out in your Hyundai vehicle, it’s common practice among Hyundai Sonata owners to upgrade to LED headlights. While LED headlight bulbs appear quite different from their conventional HID counterparts, installing these futuristic low-beam emitters in the Sonata is simple. It is highly recommended that both bulbs be changed in your sedan at the same time.
- Turn off the engine and open the hood. Pick a side to start with.
- Remove the plastic cap from the rear of the headlight assembly. Disconnect the electrical harness and disengage the metal wire. Remove the bulb from the housing.
- Insert the replacement LED bulb into the bulb housing. Connect the ballast on the bulb to the electrical harness.
- Replace the plastic cap on the rear of the headlight assembly. Repeat these instructions for the opposite side.
When dealing with a cracked lens or various other types of headlight issues in your Hyundai, it’s often necessary to replace the entire Sonata headlight assembly. It’s recommended that both headlight assemblies be replaced at the same time. Follow these simple instructions to replace the headlight assemblies in your Hyundai:
- Turn off the engine and open the hood. Remove the four screws and two 10-millimeter bolts on the top of the grille. Remove the four screws on each side of the inner wheel well. Remove the screws from the bottom of the grille.
- Gently lift the grille to disconnect it from the vehicle. Pick a side and remove the three 10-millimeter bolts from the top of the headlight assembly and the two screws underneath.
- Lift the assembly out of the vehicle and disconnect the electrical harness.
- Insert the replacement assembly into the cavity and connect the electrical harness. Insert the bolts and screws to secure the assembly.
- Repeat these instructions for the opposite side and reattach the grille to complete the installation.