Chevrolet Tahoe Headlights
Chevrolet Tahoe car and truck headlights provide you with items that can be used as a replacement or upgrade for your current headlights. These items are available in a large number of different sizes, which include H4, H7, and H11. These headlights can be selected as single models or as a pair, allowing you to choose one that fits your exact requirements.What are the different types of bulbs with these headlights?
Although the vast majority of Chevrolet Tahoe headlights make use of halogen bulbs, there are several different types available for you to select from.
- Halogen: This is a type of incandescent bulb that produces a completely white light. Halogen bulbs are known to be energy efficient and are designed to be powered for a lengthy period of time, which means that one of these bulbs at the end of its life is still using 94% of its original light output.
- HID: High intensive discharge lights are included in almost all headlights and are designed to be turned on in situations where a substantial amount of light is necessary as they provide a large spectrum of visibility. They give drivers long lifespans and take up only a small amount of the electrical system and battery when in use.
- LED: These are designed to be long lasting and provide bright, efficient lighting, as they deliver a clear and piercing beam of light. Due to this brightness, they are safe to use in foggy conditions where it is difficult to see.
When you are selecting one of these headlights for your Chevrolet Tahoe, there are several different styles available to you, including projector and Euro.
- Projector: This headlight fixture type has the bulb positioned in front of a reflector shaped as an elliptical, which makes for a focused beam of light with low scatter loss.
- Euro: This type of housing is designed to be stylish and sleek, providing a range of different light and reflectors for a unique design.
When one of these headlights is listed as OEM, this means that it is available by the original equipment manufacturer of the Chevrolet Tahoe, and were designed specifically to fit the vehicle.What are the types of headlights to select from?
There are two ways in which these headlights are originally assembled, including composite and sealed.
- Composite: These make use of a plastic reflector that is bonded to a glass or plastic lens before being fitted to the bulb, although each part can be removed and replaced as needed.
- Sealed: These make use of a parabolic reflector, at least one filament, and a polycarbonate or glass lens, which are joined together before being permanently sealed.
The term "headlight" may be used colloquially to describe the entire housing, whereas a headlight bulb refers to the light bulb specifically. These light bulbs may be high beam, low beam, Xenon, or another type.