Dress Up Your Table With Haviland China Dinnerware
Haviland has been importing fine French and English china dinnerware into the United States since 1849. It has a wide selection of designs and colors which you can choose from to accentuate your dinner table as you entertain family members and guests. Here is what you should know about the Haviland china you can find for sale on eBay.What dinnerware pieces come with a Haviland Limoges set?
A full Haviland Limoges china set includes dinner plates, teacups and saucers, salad plates, bread plates, platters, casserole dishes, baskets, cake stands, candle holders, carafes, champagne glasses, cereal bowls, centerpiece bowls, cheese dishes, chop plates, chip and dip bowl sets, gravy bowls, ice cream bowls, luncheon plates, mugs, nut and candy dishes, pasta bowls, picnic plates, rice bowls, salad bowls, salt and pepper shakers, serving bowls, serving plates, and serving trays. These pieces can be bought together as a complete set or by the piece.What types of design patterns are available for Haviland china?
There are 15 patterns of Haviland china. They are:
- Apple Blossom:Pink flowers arranged around a cream-colored rim
- Autumn Leaf: Orange and/or yellow flowers with brown and tan leaves
- Bergere: Blue flowers and an inner gold verge
- Blue Garland: Small blue flowers with a Bavarian back-stamp
- Clinton: Blue flowers with a cream rim
- Forever Spring: A floral rim and center with platinum trim
- Imperatrice: A brown band with purple violets
- Louveciennes: A floral design with blue circles and a green laurel
- Montmery: Blue flowers with gold trim
- Moss Rose: Arranged like a pompadour with an ivory body and off-center roses
- Pasadena: Made with pink and and/or gray rosebuds with gray stems
- Ranson: All-white plates with scalloped edges
- Rosalinde: Lavender and white flowers surrounded by a scalloped edge
- Sepia Rose: Beige and/or pink roses and flowers
- Silver Anniversary: A white body with gold trim
The pieces in a Haviland set are placed into one of three categories to denote how old they are. Reproductions of the originals are available in addition to the following original classifications:
- Antique original: The pieces are at least 100 years old from the date of purchase.
- Vintage original: Pieces in this category are less than 100 years old but are older than anything that is currently produced.
- Contemporary original: These are pieces that have been produced recently and have not aged beyond a few years.