How to Pick Home Speakers and Subwoofers
Enjoying music with good sound quality means having the right speakers, whether with your home theater, your stereo, or just out and about. Speakers and subwoofers come in a variety of arrangements and shapes, from soundbars to small satellite speakers. Harman Kardon is one brand that offer speakers that can be used for a home setup or for listening to music on the move.
What Types of Home Speakers Are There?
Speaker systems come in a variety of different setups, with each making use of certain speakers or drivers, including:
- Full-range Speaker: These speakers are an all-in-one type of model, producing a full range of audio in a single box. Portable speakers tend to be this type because they then dont require any other drivers.
- Tweeter: This type of driver is used to produce the high-range frequencies.
- Subwoofer: A subwoofer is a special type of woofer used to deliver the lowest of frequencies that make up the bass.
- Mid-range Driver: This driver operates in the middle range of frequencies between those generated by tweeters or woofers, to fill out the complete range.
What Are Some Technical Features of Speaker Systems?
As with all electronics, the design of each audio system can benefit from various technical features, like:
- Surround Sound: In order to create an immersive audio experience, home theaters can include satellite speakers that are positioned to the side or behind people.
- Wireless Speaker Systems: With a wireless setup, youre not restrained by cables connecting the system with wireless subwoofers or satellite speakers. This gives you more flexibility in how you position and arrange your home theater.
- Amplifier Strength: Measured in watts, the greater the output of the built-in electronic amplifier in your speakers, the louder the volume they are able to produce.
What Are Some Inputs for Sound Systems?
With a speaker system, there are a number of connections and devices that can produce audio, such as:
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Portable Bluetooth speakers allow you to stream music over a wireless connection from your device.
- Radio Receiver: Many surround sound systems are able to connect with standard radio receivers and stereos, so that you can enjoy listening to your favorite stations through your speaker setup.
- Blu-ray Player:Home theaters like the Harman HKTS are often used to provide audio for a home entertainment system. These systems often include a television and media player like a Blu-ray player and can be connected with an HDMI cable.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Harman Kardon.>