The Harley-Davidson Sportster: A Ride for Every Generation
Since Harley-Davidson made its first Sportster, these bikes have provided excitement and fun for riders around the world. With a history of innovation and steady production, there’s never been a better time to find a Harley Sportster for sale on eBay. This diverse group of motorcycles will give you all the open-road freedom you’ve been looking for.What are the top Sportster models?
The Sportster first rolled off the assembly line in 1957, and since then, it has evolved into one of the world’s favorite motorcycles. Here, you’ll learn about some of the models you may encounter when you're searching for a Harley-Davidson Sportster for sale on eBay.
- The 1967 XLH: Before this model, all Sportsters came in a kick-start configuration. However, the 1967 XLH’s upgraded engine cases allowed for the integration of electric start.
- 1971 Sportster: 1971 was a good year for the model, marking an engine case transition. The distributor was moved to the inside of the gear case and an auto advance mechanism was added for easier starting.
- The 2005 Sportster: Coming fresh off a major 2004 update, all of that year’s remarkable improvements found their way onto the 2005 model. Here, Harley-Davidson tried to make the Sportster more accessible to riders of every economic status.
Whether you’re a new rider or you’ve been on the road for years, it’s important to choose a model you can easily handle. Consider taking the following steps before making a purchase decision on a Sportster for sale:
- Learning about new and pre-owned Harley-Davidson Sportster models and features
- Going to bike rallies held by manufacturers, such as Daytona Bike Week or the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally to test-ride a variety of models
- Reading fellow riders’ reviews to get varying viewpoints
If you’re considering buying a Harley-Davidson Sportster for sale on eBay, it’s important to do your research. Here are a few things to check before buying.
- Title records: First and most importantly, you’ll want to be sure that the bike’s title is clean. A “clean” title means that the motorcycle hasn’t been involved in an accident.
- Theft records: Has the motorcycle ever been reported stolen? When looking at a Harley Sportster for sale, you’ll want to ensure that it’s safe to buy. By running a report on the VIN, you can buy with greater confidence.