HP, which stands for the Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, offers laptop computers, desktop computers, printers, inks, toners, and accessories. HP printers come in categories like home, business, sprocket, print only, multifunction, large format/digital presses, and 3D printers. These compact devices also come equipped with many connectivity ports, allowing you to hook up your modem, computer, or camera directly to the device for straightforward printing.What do the different printer technologies mean?
When you are searching for your next printer by HP, there are several different types that you may want to consider:
- Laser: Laser printers use technology that is similar to what is used in a copier: A laser heats up the toner powder in the system to create a pattern of dots.
- Inkjet: Inkjet printers use ink cartridges to spray ink at the paper you have placed inside. These results can be achieved with either color ink or black ink.
- Thermal: This type of technology pushes heated pins against paper that is heat sensitive, which is a standard technology in fax machines.
- Zink: This is a technology that is used specifically for digital printers and prints in a single pass with the combination of thermal paper.
- Dot matrix: This technology sets a variety of pins against an ink ribbon as each pin creates a very small dot. Through the usage of numerous pins, these dots are able to create letters and words.
HP offers a number of different printer types for you to consider:
- All-in-one printer: An all-in-one printer can be used for several different tasks, including copying, printing, and scanning.
- Workgroup printer: This type was designed to be used in an office setting and includes wireless technology that allows it to be hooked up to many different devices in the office.
- ID card printer: This specializes in the printing of ID cards.
- Standard printer: This type focuses entirely on printing and can print in both white and color.
- Mobile printer: This includes technology that allows you to print remotely with your cellphone or smartphone.
The features you are provided with depend on which printer model you choose; some include LCD displays with touchscreens while others allow you to print pictures with photo paper. Many models are outfitted with AirPrint technology that provides you with the ability to print via your mobile device. Additional features include printing directly from an SD card, two-sided color prints, and borderless prints.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Hewlett Packard Enterprise.