Toyota Camry Grilles
When you look at any Toyota, one of the most prominent features on the front of the vehicle is the grille. Because the grille is one of the first things you notice, you may want to change out or replace the original Toyota grille with an OEM or aftermarket grille that has more personality. While grilles are easy to install on a Camry, there are several aspects you will need to consider before making your purchase.What styles of Camry grilles are there?
There are four different types of grille styles that you can choose from for your Toyota Camry. They include:
- OEM grilles: These grilles consist of tubing or C-channels and are made by the same manufacturer that made the original grille for your Camry.
- Billet grilles: These grilles are made from cross-section aluminum rods that match the contours of your Toyota Camry. When installed on a Camry, they look like a set of horizontal or vertical bars that run across the front of the vehicle.
- Mesh grilles: Made from wire mesh, these grilles have a flat surface and a smooth appearance. They will give your Camry a sporty, elegant look.
- Bumper grilles: This is an additional grille that is installed on the bumper to fill any remaining openings. They are used in addition to a billet grille or a mesh grille.
The replacement grille for your Toyota may be made from different materials depending on whether you are looking at OEM grilles or aftermarket grilles.
- OEM grilles: These Toyota-specific grilles are made from either plastic or aluminum. If made from heavy-grade plastic, the grille will have a chrome finish around the edges and a non-reflective paint finish to hide the radiator.
- Aftermarket grilles: Many grilles made by aftermarket companies are made from aluminum or stainless steel. Aluminum is lightweight, making it desirable for this component. Mesh grilles, however, are made of stainless steel as the material's strength makes the wires harder to bend.
When you are looking for a grille for your Toyota Camry, there are several things that you should consider before deciding:
- Grille finish: In addition to a chrome finish, you also have the option to choose a grille that has been powder-coated black to give your Camry a mysterious look. Other grilles have only the edges finished in chrome, which give the grille a three-dimensional look.
- Design: Grilles come in a wide variety of designs and patterns to reflect your personal style.
- Fit: When choosing a grille for your Camry, you want to make sure that it properly fits your Toyota so that it effectively protects your radiator.