Pontiac Montana Grilles
The grille is often the first portion of your vehicle that people notice. It is also a functional part of your Pontiac Montana. Choosing the right one will improve the look and function of your minivan.What function does a Pontiac Montana grille have?
Every vehicle is equipped with a grille, also sometimes referred to as a grate, which is a barrier system that helps to protect the radiator and the engine while still allowing air to enter. Air is necessary for your Pontiac Montana to function like it should. This is the more common location for a grate. However, some vehicles also have one just underneath the front bumper, in the cowl, or even on the lid of the rear deck for engineâ€™s located in the back of the vehicle.What style options are available for a Pontiac Montana grille?
Since the look of your Montana vehicle can increase its overall visual appeal, grates are available in many different styles and options. Some car brands have even trademarked certain styles or added their brandâ€™s emblem to grilles. The following options are generally available for the Pontiac Montana grate:
- Honeycomb pattern - This is a more frequently used design for the Montana. It is often unique to the Pontiac brand.
- Grid pattern - A basic grid pattern offers classic styling.
- Horizontal or vertical bars - You can often select from varying numbers of horizontal or vertical bars.
- Custom - You can also purchase a custom made one that you can help design.
In addition to the style of a grate for your Pontiac Montana, you will also need to think about the following factors in order to make a good purchase decision:
- Right for your minivan - Make sure you are purchasing the right grate for the make, model, and year of your car
- Right fit - Examine where the headlights will fit in relation to the grate to make sure it will fit correctly on your Pontiac Montana.
- Materials - They are commonly made of aluminum, aluminum plus alloys, stainless steel, or ABS plastic. Each material has its own benefits.
- Finishes - You can select from different finishes such as zinc plating, powder coating, chrome, and polish to make this system unique and help it complement the current look of your vehicle.
- OEM or aftermarket - When purchasing parts for your Montana, you have the option to purchase original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts or aftermarket parts made by another brand. This is also true with the grate. OEM and aftermarket parts each have their own benefits.