Ford Ranger Grilles
All vehicles that have internal combustion engines, such as the Ford Ranger, are outfitted with a grille that allows air to pass through to the engine while offering protection for the essential components within. In addition to protection, vehicle owners and manufacturers use the front grille as a way to give the vehicle a unique style of appearance or personality. If you find you need to replace this essential part, you have plenty of options to choose from.How does the grille design effect performance?
Different types of grilles or grille inserts may have an impact on your Ford Ranger's performance. For example, the original part designed specifically for the Ford Ranger will allow an appropriate amount of air flow through the vehicle's engine and other essential components that allow your truck to run. Other grilles that have different patterns or designs may increase air flow, keeping your Ranger's engine even cooler, or they may restrict the airflow slightly. When looking for a replacement grille, you'll want to ensure that your Ranger's engine will still get enough air flow.What are the differences between OEM and aftermarket grilles?
There are several differences between the two different types of parts:
- OEM: Ford grilles that have the OEM label were made by the original equipment manufacturer. Essentially, this means that the part will be an exact replacement for your old grille. The part may come with different packaging or labels, but it will still perform the way the original part was designed to perform.
- Aftermarket: Parts made by other companies can vary in design, materials, shapes, and patterns from the one that came with your Ford truck. Some parts may be designed to be compatible with a wide range of vehicles and not just Ford. However, you may also be able to find grilles that are custom made to your Ford. These custom parts may even improve your vehicle's performance.
There are several different options of finishes for your grille or grille insert beyond just chrome or black. These different styles of finishes include:
- Painted finishes: Painted grilles come in a variety of colors, including black. They can also be painted to match the color of your truck's exterior or be painted an accent color of your choice.
- Chrome finishes: Chrome coatings provide a polished layer that is highly reflective. The coating is extremely glossy and silver in color. Chrome is also resistant to weather and corrosion. The coating gives the part a slick surface, making it easy to wipe clean.
- Powder coating: Auto parts that have a powder coating are subjected to a chemical process where the powder is baked onto the part. The piece is then allowed to harden. The powder coating process yields a matte finish. The color is often black, though other colors may be found.
- Custom finishes: There are a number of custom processes that can be used to decorate your grille. These custom finishes can include enamel and water transfer printing.