Golf Clothing, Shoes, and Accessories
Men and women need to make sure they have the right golf apparel in the right fit to maximize their performance on the course. Picking the appropriate golf apparel depends on the weather forecast, the dress code, and how often you golf.How do you choose the correctly sized golf shoes?
Your golf shoe size should match the size of your daily wear shoes. However, to be more exact you can:
- Use a tape measure to find the length from heel to longest toe.
- Find an online shoe sizing table to translate the inches to the sizing number.
- Find the closest measurement greater than or equal to your length and note the number.
- Buy shoes in that measurement.
- If you fall between two sizes, purchase the larger.
You can choose from styles such as:
- Traditional or plain shorts that are above the knee or that are at or past the knee
- Traditional pants in a khaki style
- Plaid shorts or pants
- Cargo shorts with extra pockets for carrying plenty of items
Golf shoes are designed to stabilize the foot while providing enough comfort to allow you to walk around a course for four to six hours. Golf shoes come in a wide range of styles from those that resemble tennis or running shoes to a more traditional look similar to comfortable work shoes. Contemporary golf shoes often utilize a soft plastic removable spike. Some shoes forego spikes and instead use contoured rubber grips.What are some brands of golf apparel that pros use?
You can find the following brands heavily represented in golf apparel such as pants, golf shirts, or other golf clothing on the PGA tour:
- Under Armour
- Shirts: You can choose from a breathable polo style made of cotton or a fabric, like polypropylene, that wicks sweat from the body. Shirts can be long-sleeved or short-sleeved. They may be designed for wear under sweaters or jackets or alone. They are typically collared as many golf courses have dress codes.
- Bottoms: Golf pants may be full-length, capri-length, or short pants. They might be made of twill, cotton, or another light, breathable fabric. Corduroy pants may be used for golf. They are typically made of a fabric that will pass the dress code of a local course.
- Hats: Visored headwear is common in golf. The hat you choose may consist of a full hat, a baseball-style hat, or a visor with a brim. The choice of headwear will typically vary with the temperature outside.