Girls' Tops & T-shirts Size 4 & Up
Kids' tops and tees in size 4 and larger are made for girls who have moved out of toddler girls' shirts and into kids' tees. These girls' tees are available in a variety of colors and designs and are available from many brands. You can find tops and tees from brands that include GAP, Gymboree, Justice, Matilda Jane, Old Navy, Ralph Lauren, and Under Armour.What materials are girls' 4+ tops and tees made from?
- Cotton: Girls' T-shirts are available in 100% cotton or 100% organic cotton. This type of fabric for girls' tees is machine washable and can generally go into the clothes dryer.
- Cotton blends: Girl's tops and tees are also available in cotton blends. The cotton is typically blended with polyester in girls' tops and T-shirts size 4 and up.
- Polyester: Polyester is a human-made material. It offers stretch both lengthwise and width-wise and comes in a vast array of colors and patterns for little girls.
- Graphic tee: Graphic tees for girls feature a printed design on the front. The design on the graphic tee for girls may be screen printed onto the fabric of the kids' shirt. In other cases, the design is space-dyed into the threads that are integrated into the fabric of the kids' shirts.
- Sleeveless tees: Sleeveless or tank shirts for girls feature hemming around the arm openings. The arm opening is typically relaxed and loose-fitting, measuring about 2 inches larger in diameter than the child's arm measures around.
- Short-sleeve tees: Short-sleeve styles of kids' shirts include cap, raglan, and relaxed sleeves. The sleeves on these kids' tees typically stop at the middle of the upper arm.
- Long-sleeve shirts: Long-sleeve tees and tops for girls have a 3/4 length to full-length sleeve. These girls' tees may be fitted or relaxed.
The measurement of girls' 4 and larger tanks and T-shirts is based on the height and chest measurement of the child. Some of these children’s shirts are described as extra-small to extra-large while others use a numbering convention, such as 6/7 to 14/16.
To measure girls for T-shirts and other shirts, use a tape measure to get the child's height in inches. Wrap the tape measure around the child's chest to get the measurement in inches. A girls' shirt in extra-small or 5 fits a child who is 46 to 47 inches tall and has a chest measurement of 25.5 inches. For each 2-inch increase in height or 1/2-inch increase in bust, choose the next larger shirt. If a child is between sizes, choose the larger kids' T-shirt.