Girls' Outerwear, Size 4 and Up
Having different types of coats and jackets in your wardrobe can be a necessity. You may need raincoats, dress coats, and winter jackets. If you are an adult looking to buy girls’ outerwear, size 4 and up, you may have some questions.What are some jackets for girls for cold weather?
There are a variety of different jackets for girls for cold weather, including the following:
- Puffer: These jackets are often made with quilted sections filled with down or synthetic fiber, and they often have a drawstring at the waist.
- Parkas: These long options often reach the thighs or upper legs, and they often have a hood that can be lined with faux fur.
- Bubble: These short coats usually end about the waist, and they may be filled with insulation.
- Anorak: Many options pull on over the head.
- Ballistic: These jackets are often made of denim, and they usually have large pockets.
There is a variety of insulation that can be used in girls jackets like fleece, fleece-lined, or puffer coats which come with down material. Here are additional insulation materials used:
- Down: These plumules from ducks and geese are rated on their fill power on a scale that goes from 450 to 900, with the higher numbers being warmer.
- Down with coating: The plumules are treated with a nanomolecular coating to make them more able to withstand wet conditions.
- Synthetic down: This man-made insulation is rated on a scale telling the weight in grams of a square meter of that insulation.
A variety of raincoats are available for girls, including the following:
- Anorak: These pull-over options do not have a front opening, and they often have drawstrings at the waist and the cuffs.
- Cagoule: These lightweight options usually have a hood and end at the knees.
- Driza-Bone: These options originated in Australia, and they have straps to hold the jacket to the girl's legs.
- Gannex: These raincoats have an outer layer of nylon and an inner layer of wool.
- Mackintosh: These options are made of rubber or a rubber blend.
- Oilskin: These rubberized options usually have a jacket and trousers.
- Poncho: These options usually are made from a single piece of fabric.
- Trench coat: These options usually button up the front, and they may have a belt that ties at the waist.
Choosing outerwear for girls can be challenging with so many different options available. Following some simple guidelines may help you in the selection process.
- Select a type: There are raincoats, dress coats, and winter jackets.
- Select a style: Options include ponchos, anoraks, trench coats, and others.
- Select a size: Choose the right size based on the girl's weight and build.
- Select a preferred material: Nylon, cotton, wool, denim and many other choices are available.
- Select a color: Almost every color of the rainbow is available.